Tic Tic Tic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    So because Governor Jindal is streamlining the budget. Holding higher education accountable and lowering taxes to attract business to the state it is a bad thing?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    That's the spin.

And if true, why is the State budget going up every year?

We have fewer State employees, but the total payroll is higher.

Regardless of whether or not you believe it all, the undercurrent of it all is what is really interesting.

Every governor has to ability to move people in and out of positions, but I've never seen this many people getting axed, leaving, or being asked to leave.

There's more going on here that the usual house cleaning.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Please elaborate. :D Just curious on your thoughts.

my curiosity is peaked as well. all I saw at each link were crybabies picking up their marbles and going home simply because they were told they couldn't have money the state didn't have, but maybe I missed something between the lines.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    my curiosity is peaked as well. all I saw at each link were crybabies picking up their marbles and going home simply because they were told they couldn't have money the state didn't have, but maybe I missed something between the lines.

Not crybabies at all.

This is shaping up as retaliations.

But again, I want to see certain names before I hang my hat on that.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Not crybabies at all.

This is shaping up as retaliations.

But again, I want to see certain names before I hang my hat on that.

I'll stay tuned, but for now, that's what it looks like to me. I mean, if we (LA) don't have the money, how can it be personal when the governor vetoes spending?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'll stay tuned, but for now, that's what it looks like to me. I mean, if we (LA) don't have the money, how can it be personal when the governor vetoes spending?

I would normally agree.

But if the State does not have the money, why is the budget going up every year, and why is it such a sh*tstorm that one-time funds are used.

As I said before, if there are fewer and fewer State employees on the payroll, why does the payroll keep going up and up?

Why have so many retired and term limited legislators been given six figure salaried jobs by our Governor, especially if we supposedly have no money?

I find the timing of the budgets for the Treasurer and Lt. Gov. being cut mighty interesting.
    These two elected Republicans/"conservatives" were some of Jindal's most vocal critics.

I started digging deeper when the amendment to cut the entire budget of the Inspector General's office was introduced.

That reeked of political retribution some much so that even my 13 year old grandson saw it.

The more I see, the more suspicious I become.

I am sure there are some State employees on here that could add tons of info, but will not do so out of fear of reprisals.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Could one of the reasons for decreasing state employee head count and an increase in the state budget be legacy payments? ie. Retiree's healthcare costs/retirement payments. As retirees retire and live longer those costs will rise. This was one of the things that got GM in trouble. Another could be be repairing neglected infrastructure. I'm not defending the governor just stating reasonable possibilities.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    One must recognize the history of how this problem developed.

The liberal media blame our current officeholders, who inherited an unworkable system of debt-committment load and now must find ways to fix it.

Anger should be directed to previous generations of politicos & bureaucrats, who kept expanding "programs" and governmental retirement "benefits" WHEN they knew full well that the resources could never match the oncoming demographic and economic changes.

Just think, the US Federal retirement "system" has ZERO hard assets ! We, meaning me, you, & our children have been enslaved to feed this all-consuming monster of pay-as-we-go nonsense !

Something has got to give; or, we are looking as a future as the "United States of France", a Colony of Red China !

The poiticos LIED & LIED ! So, who should pay: Innocent citizens, many yet unborn; or, those who believed the lies and took the "deals" ?

leVieux

Last edited:

LaVern Matherne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One must recognize the history of how this problem developed.

The liberal media blame our current officeholders, who inherited an unworkable system of debt-committment load and now must find ways to fix it.

Anger should be directed to previous generations of politicos & bureaucrats, who kept expanding "programs" and governmental retirement "benefits" WHEN they knew full well that the resources could never match the oncoming demographic and economic changes.

Just think, the US Federal retirement "system" has ZERO hard assets ! We, meaning me, you, & our children have been enslaved to feed this all-consuming monster of pay-as-we-go nonsense !

Something has got to give; or, we are looking as a future as the "United States of France", a Colony of Red China !

The poiticos LIED & LIED ! So, who should pay: Innocent citizens, many yet unborn; or, those who believed the lies and took the "deals" ?

leVieux

I agree. Jindal is just trying to fix a bloated State Goverment. He is not laying people off, but not replacing them. There is much waste in State Gov. and so many free loaders that could not survive elsewhere. I also want to say Thank You to all the great State Workers, who keep us going. If you are a Great State Worker, then you too, know the type I am talking about.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    The budget doesn't go down because the governor is replacing public sector jobs with private.. i believe there are certain programs he cannot just cut, the state legislator must remove the funding... by exchanging what sector provides the services, you are moving one step further in getting rid of the program

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Switching a state job with a private job reduces the risk of being liable for future skyrocketing pension and healthcare costs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom