Tighten Your Belts America.....We Got Ours

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/obama-pay-raise-congress_n_2377714.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
    President Barack Obama gave a New Year's gift to returning members of Congress, federal workers and Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, signing an executive order calling for an end to a years-long pay freeze.

As of March 27, 2013, federal employees will see a half-percent to one percent pay increase, marking the end of a pay freeze that has been in place since late 2010. Congress hasn't seen a pay raise since 2009.

According to the order, Biden's pay will increase from $225,521 to $231,900 a year, before taxes. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will see his salary increased to $224,500 and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will take home an annual pay of $194,400 after his raise.

While Obama's order made no mention of merit for such a raise, HuffPost's Amanda Terkel reported on Friday that the 112th Congress is set to end the session as the most unproductive since the 1940s, with only 219 bills passed by the body becoming law. The raise won't take place until the 113th Congress, meaning that outgoing members will see no effect from the order.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I'm with JWG223 here. If that's the 1st raise they've had in 4 years, then what's the problem? I know I've had my pay raised more times than that, and I've only been working in the U.S for 3 years.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Pay raise? They should have their salary slashed in half.. They aren't doing anything for it.. Utterly ridiculous..

The same can be said for football players, musicians, artists, etc. The only difference is that most paintings, foot-ball plays, and songs don't cost a large portion of society money, and so less people dislike them. I think that the job justifies the pay, as the stress, etc. of it must be insane, plus the work to attain it in the first place. Just because someone isn't doing what we want doesn't mean they aren't working hard. Further, I have yet to meet a person who says "Yeah, I think members of congress are doing a better job than I could". Have not met that person. Do I think that every person I have met would do well in congress? Lol.

No, I may not like them, and I may think a lot of what they do is BS, but I don't understand all the "rules" they play by, etc. and I do know it's hard work. I think they more than deserve their 1% raise. Like it or not, they are a part of a machine that we all count on to run smoothly. Only when it does not do we complain---and rightfully so---but I don't think that I have a right to begrudge them their 1%.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Jimmies = rustled...

Seriously, is this any better than the entitlement minded society? "Do nothing(or, in this case, do less than nothing), get more money." WTF? But, the military and veterans are the first to have their benefits threatened when we are in a financial bind. I wonder how many of these ****ers are going to refuse the pay raise? Or, how many of them are going to pull an Ah-nuld and not take a salary at all for .gov service.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    Yall have to realize that most federal workers have absolutely no contact with Washington or the lawmakers?

I left the private sector to work at the VA and they then instituted a pay freeze. Four years of no increase sucks, especially when health insurance premiums are jumping almost 10% this year for us.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Small raise in a few years, no big deal !!! It wouldn't be so bad if they did something to help the country, instead of fight among themselves and for power, and for control over Washington !!!! Most of the politicians are above average wealth, free health care for life even after leaving office !!!! I wouldn't say this is too great at all they got a raise !!!!

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    The current government gone wild is killing jobs, squshing ecconomic growth, destroying the future of finacnes all the while running it self with an open ended budget driving this conutry over its finacial cliff and taking the people and their savings with it!

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Yall have to realize that most federal workers have absolutely no contact with Washington or the lawmakers?

I left the private sector to work at the VA and they then instituted a pay freeze. Four years of no increase sucks, especially when health insurance premiums are jumping almost 10% this year for us.

+1 my wife works for the federal govt and it will be nice to finally get something. You have to realize most federal employees aren't politicians.

Top Bottom