Title for Military Surplus Trailer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I'm helping a buddy gather information about a military surplus trailer that he is looking to purchase to pull behind his jeep for camping trips. My quick search indicates that you would just contact your local state police troop and arrange to have a trooper come out an inspect it and they would then issue you a VIN. I'm guessing that you could then just take this information to the DMV? Anyone who has any experience in doing this I would appreciate any info or tips.

Is it possible to have it inspected before he buys it, or does he just purchase and then hope it passes inspection?

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    No experience with milsurp but that's how it works with homemade trailers. They inspect it and stamp new serial numbers on it.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Won't work that way. LSP will only issue a VIN for a new axle. And you have to prove that it’s new.

DMV put me through hell trying to register a WWII Jeep trailer that was missing the ID plate. I finally talked to someone at the LSP that knew the loophole. He told me to *find* a serial number, then take all the paperwork (bill of sale) for the trailer to a justice of the peace and have him write up a "court order" directing the DMV to register it. Once DMV saw that, it was "do you want to register this for one year, three years, or permanent?" I went permanent, cause I ain’t going through this crap again!

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    Yeah there should be a data plate on the tounge or front of trailer with a usa number which is like the vin and a serial number. The usa number will start with letters

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom