To All Hunters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I am told this actually was printed in a San Fransico newspaper:doh:. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't but, I have known this mentality in my life:dunno:. Enjoy.

picture.php

Al

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I am told this actually was printed in a San Fransico newspaper:doh:. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't but, I have known this mentality in my life:dunno:. Enjoy.

picture.php

Al

Funny!

I read a few pages of a book, and I can't remember the name to save my life, but it was a book educating hunters how to deal with anti-hunters. One of author's stories had me rolling on top of being enlightened as he went on to describe his encounter with a woman who was anti-hunting and a vegetarian. After her usual anti comments he asked her if she knew whether or not the vegetables she was eating were animal safe (or some other made up term he used). He went on to explain that even organic farmers have to hunt/kill wild animals from eating their crop. The anti-hunter went pale as she didn't know, demanded an answer from the chef if the vegetables were "animal safe" to which he told her there was no such thing. Needless to say she was pissed at him but it made a very strong point that people have no clue where their food comes from or what is done to get it from seed to your plate.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I have to wonder if this individual even realizes how "Ignorant" this little rant really makes them look.

It reminded me of this little jewell:

Years ago my cousin married a gal and brought her to our house to meet everyone. My father, one of the greatest cooks I have ever known, cooked up a venison dinner that was out of this world.
    After dinner my cousins new wife raved that it was one of the best meals she had ever eaten but, wanted to know what this "venison" was that everyone was talking about. My cousin told her that it was deer meat and she immediately started gaging as though she just found out we fed her a turd or something. She then went on a rant about Bambi and some other crap turning an otherwise great day into a complete disaster. My cousin wound up divorced from her (not because of the venison incident alone) so, the problem kinda' took care of itself. I don't miss her.

Be good guys and good luck hunting this year.
    Al

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    It just goes to show how sheltered American's are when they can eat meat, but can't stand the thought of where it actually comes from. I always argue that it is more ethical to eat meat taken from an animal that got to live naturally in the wild than from one that was locked in a cage its whole life.

Top Bottom