To call or shoot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Just wondering how many of u would actually call 911 first while crimes are happening and have them record everything u say thru the phone or take care of that situation yourself first then call 911???

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I recommend that you take a good CHP class... it seems like the one in Texas either wasn't thorough enough, or you didn't absorb the material. There are several sponsors of this forum that offer that service.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I recommend that you take a good CHP class... it seems like the one in Texas either wasn't thorough enough, or you didn't absorb the material. There are several sponsors of this forum that offer that service.

That's been suggested in another thread.

Personally, I suggest he go watch "You Don't Mess With The Zohan" 100 times.

For no particular reason...........

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Spanky, that brings up an advertising idea! Maybe you should solicit a 24 hour, no questions asked, backhoe service? They could offer a discounted rate for 6' x 6' x 2' holes...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    ROFL. Sometimes my family needs a 10x6x4 hole, can we get special consideration? It's not fun tracking somebody down at 10PM with a dead horse in the back of the trailer. And it ALWAYS seems to happen late at night.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I think ed7232004 is really Ed 7/23/2004. I think his english and computer skills are up to par with a 5 year old. :rofl:

He do speaky much engrish.

Last edited:

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    All right thanks guys ..I don't think I will never ask post in this fourm no more since there no help from it

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    He said in a previous thread English is his second language.

Ed, Do you understand what a CCW/CHP class is. You need to take one.

Thanks for your explaining and understanding learning another lanauge is not easy. I fully understand what the class is and took one .it s just what I learned were from Texas just wanted to know is there any different form here.and I found out there is really no help from other people keep stepping on me. Any ways thanks for your help. :)

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Ed, yes, the Concealed Handgun Permit Class (See JBP, I made sure not to use an acronym there to avoid hurting your feelings) is different in Louisiana than what it is in Texas. I would recommend you take the class here, in order to avoid any further confusion.

Esta espanol tu lengua primera?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    giving you the benefit of doubt... or lack of IQ... and for the benefit of newbies reading the board.

Ed, they're implying that you're a fed (or worse, media) trying to get us to admit that we would theoritically kill an intruder (and maybe dispose of the body) rather than involve the authorities... While I can understand the wish to avoid the legal hassles of involving the police, I think 99% of the members of this board would do the right thing.
    Whether I would call 911 vs deal w/ an intruder first would be a tactical decision made based upon my own safety and the safety of my family. The safety of the intruder would be far down on my list of priorities but not off it, considering the legal entanglements for taking that action. Obviously the correct thing to do is to barricade yourself and your family in a safe room and defend it while waiting for the police.
    Taking an LA CCW course would be a wise move even if you're not going to obtain a LA ccw. A large part of the course is the classroom work covering justifiable homicide. Very little is devoted to being able to hit a target. It is mostly gun safety and legal discussion. It was time well spent and worth the money even if you have no intention of ever carrying.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    ed - If I can call 911 and avert a confrontation that would be the best scenario. If time does not allow and the perp is in my home or armed it could end badly. In either case STFU and don't give a statement without council. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom