To reload or not to reload?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I'd say go for it. I got into it years ago and just picked it back up. I probably haven't saved any money, but I enjoy shooting more. Just in a different way. One day it will save me some money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    I started off with a Lee loadmaster. After taking apart the primer station numerous times, I finally got frustrated enough to buy the Dillon 650. That was the best decision I've made. It's truly an awesome press. I now have a rock chucked to reload 7mm mag, 300 win mag, and 308 for precision, and I use the Dillon for 9 and .40 competition loads. I was making 9mm and 40 loads for 0.11$ a round. I haven't priced it later because I'm pretty good and stocked up on supplies, but I think the prices are still roughly the same.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I love Lee Products. When someone is discussing reloading pistol cartridges, I invariably suggest they start with a Lee Breechlock press.

In your case, since you plan on reloading .308 and .458, I suggest you need a much heavier press. I would recommend a RCBS Rockchucker for your first press. They sell a kit with everything except the dies to get started. I'm not sure if the kit has a powder trickler, but you're going to need one.

I've got seven presses mounted on my bench, in many different colors. They all have their place.

No, I don't save any money reloading. I just shoot a whole bunch more. It has enabled me to improve my skills immensely.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I reload so that I am the master of my own ammo supply. Being at the mercy of whats on a dealer's shelves sucks rocks.
    Right now getting some types of ammo is a problem. I've walked into many dealers stores and found nothing there to buy.
    A bullet mould , dies and reloading press, makes me in control of the ammo I want to shoot. Whatever I need I make.
    Another thing is if the ammo dries up, that's a way to contol guns. A gun you can't get ammo for is useless except as a paperweight.
    Gary

Top Bottom