To survive you'll have to improvise

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    When the SHTF more than likely it will be worse and more difficult than most of us are planning for. I think, that in addition to all we are stocking up on for now, that you need a BOB or such filled with only what you can carry on your back while you will more than likely be on foot with motorized transportation being non existent.

One good rifle, one handgun, some ammo, whatever else you can tote. Being resourceful, stealthy, eyes in he back of your head, and trusting no one else will be about all you can do.

Solitary individuals will have much better odds of hanging in there. Families will have a very difficult time.

Best thing to do is to be stashing what you can in a remote area somewhere that you plan to use as your "off the grid" place AND get there as soon as you can. Like any day now.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    TinFoilHatArea.jpg

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    When the SHTF more than likely it will be worse and more difficult than most of us are planning for. I think, that in addition to all we are stocking up on for now, that you need a BOB or such filled with only what you can carry on your back while you will more than likely be on foot with motorized transportation being non existent.

One good rifle, one handgun, some ammo, whatever else you can tote. Being resourceful, stealthy, eyes in he back of your head, and trusting no one else will be about all you can do.

Solitary individuals will have much better odds of hanging in there. Families will have a very difficult time.

Best thing to do is to be stashing what you can in a remote area somewhere that you plan to use as your "off the grid" place AND get there as soon as you can. Like any day now.

What does this mean?

JR1572

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    There's been enough **** in the media and odd occurances I could see the end being near, but then again religions have been preaching the end is near for about 1000 years and it hasn't happened so who knows if I wake up tomorrow and all the christians are gone I will find get my bible and make my way to my hunting camp its already built and sits in the middle of about 2000 acres anyway you look. Streams running through it and completely off the grid.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Only if you can stay awake, 24/7, Keep a 360 degree perimeter solo, take care of yourself when you are sick, take care of your own broken leg and STILL cut wood, gather food etc...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Only if you can stay awake, 24/7, Keep a 360 degree perimeter solo, take care of yourself when you are sick, take care of your own broken leg and STILL cut wood, gather food etc...

I think he meant dependents, not useful family members. The ill, handicapped, infants, elderly, etc. are difficult to transport. Of course there are still things they can do.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I think he meant dependents, not useful family members. The ill, handicapped, infants, elderly, etc. are difficult to transport. Of course there are still things they can do.

I don't care if someone has no legs...

They can still keep an eye out while I sleep.

I've been on a small 8 man team in Indian country.

Let me tell you, JUST pulling security (50/50) will WEAR YOU OUT!

Look at nature... 'lone wolves' die.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Who knows when the it will really get that bad. But one fact worth remembering is the homeless tend to migrate south for a reason. I'm headed north

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    any other good sources on this subject that is as comprehensive as this article is?

You could start with the Author of the article (I see they don't give him credit for it, but Fernando and I have been friends for years and I remember the article)

Here's his website with LOTS more info.

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/

I'm a mod on his forum, and although we disagree on several things (Principally how it would go down in the US since Argentina is a culture of people who look the same, talk the same, are largely the same religion, and have a similar cultural background)

it would be a good place to start.

Top Bottom