To The Survivalist Types

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    TEOTWAWKIDefinition from Wiktionary, the free dictionaryJump to: navigation, search
    Contents [hide]
    1 English
    1.1 Etymology
    1.2 Pronunciation
    1.3 Acronym
    1.3.1 Usage notes
    1.3.2 Synonyms
    1.3.3 Translations

[edit] English[edit] EtymologyThe acronym was first coined by Mike Medintz on misc.survivalism in the mid-1990's.

[edit] Pronunciation(US) IPA: [ti.ɑt.wɑk.i]

“Tee-ought-walk-ee”.

[edit] AcronymTEOTWAWKI

(idiomatic) The end of the world as we know it.
    [edit] Usage notesThe original phrase was popularized in the song It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by the band R.E.M. It is used often online by members of survivalist groups.

[edit] Synonymsend of the world
    [edit] Translations

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Just go watch The Road, 2012, and Eli, should just about do it. Then watch Red Dawn just because.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    gettin ready

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is all the substantiation that I have for this feeling.
    1. The 50 states have a combined 112 billion budget deficit. Just released their budgets this past week.
    2. The Congress refuses to submit a budget. Now why would they do that.
    3. There are economist that project this week will see a large negative impact on the DOW.
    4. The Derivatives market is projected to crash in July 2010 as I have read. That is a 600 trillion bubble.
    5. D.H.S. buys 200 million rounds of .40 cal from Winchester. ???????????
    6. There have been meetings of G8, G20, EU, UN, FED, Bilderburg group all within the last few weeks.
    7. The next is unverifiable. I do know the character of the person that this info came from however. A friend of a friend of a friend in a meeting in Europe, advised that shortly after July 4th weekend, a financial crisis will emerge. Be prepared to live and conduct commerce without money as it will not be accepted. This will be the time of a new currency being introduced.
    8. I have an acquaintance that was employed in WORLD FINANCE. I asked if they were aware of anything in world finance that could bring a crisis. After calls to D.C., Wall Street, D.H.S. and I.M.F., some know but wont tell, some know something is up but don't know what.

I am not predicting that this will happen. I am not suggesting this will happen. Im just wondering if there is not some smoke here and the fire is soon to follow. I have made small plans but like most could not survive for very long. I don't want to create panic in anyone but if this does happen I would like for some of my fellow enthusiasts to be prepared.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    what is the other thread?

...this will not be amusing if it turns out to be a joke.

Agreed. I'm not sure how serious any of this is, or how much effect any of it could really have, but I'm a little apprehensive. Any one think it is really legitimate beyond just hunches?

Top Bottom