To those with surefire x300's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've been having one for a while and got around to mounting it to my G17 a few days ago.

How on earth do you deal with the momentary on function. Seems like theres no way to activate it without breaking your grip. It doesn't go up and down like a tlr-1, instead you have to push into the light to activate it.

Seems like someone had a brainfart in the design or i'm missing something. :confused:

ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    Meh....:D

Defeats the purpose of a momentary on function.

The pressure pad allows momentary funtion of the light via grip pressure of the middle finger with no breaking of the grip. After a few minutes playing with it you will see the advantage. I have found all lights using a paddle type activation reguire some type of grip adjustment. I have to change the position of my trigger finger to function the paddle, screwing up my trigger press. I have used the Streamlight M3/6, the TLR1 and Surefire X series lights. They have come a long way from the old Laser Products lights we used on our USMC Beretta M9s in the SFCo CQB Platoons. The advantage of the Surefire X series over the others is the pressure switch. I have used the X series with DG11 Pressure switch for 5+ years. Before that I used, and broke several Streamlight M3s. IMHO, after all the years of using pistol lights, The pressure pad switch is where it's at. Don't knock it till you try it.

PM me if you want to borrow one to play with. I have a few laying around the house.

ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    Yeah, I guess LSP972 is right, I have the bug..:rolleyes:

I'll give you a dollar for the X300 since it is aparrently such a POS.:cool:

Top Bottom