Today's Idiot Driver Rant.......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Left lane laggers......that's the nicest thing I can say about them. Why can't they pull their damn phone off their ear and pay attention to what's going on around them? It seems these days, the far right lane is the high speed lane. Especially on I-10 between I-510 and Hwy 11. I think I lose 2-3 hours a week in traffic because idiots won't obey the lane usage laws.

I thought there was a law just passed prohibiting this, in fact there are signs posted on the interstates now.....the only thing missing is citations being written for it. Obviously there is a lack of concern over getting caught loitering in the left lane, 'cause way too many people do it. They are putting the rest of us at an unnecessary risk because of it. :mad:

Second.....people who enter the interstate at 40 mph. They're gonna kill someone.

At what point do we say that our LEO's just aren't gettin' it done, and start running these idiots into the trees.:eek3: That would get their attention.:mamoru: Shame we can't do that.:rolleyes: OK, dream over....but......what can we do?

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have always envisioned a laser mounted on my vehicle that I could zap left lane laggers, and people texting on the cell phone, infact I almost bought a paintball gun just to shoot at the windows of bitches on phones while driving.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I've said for a while that the ticket for just cruising in the passing lane should be $10,000. Maybe that would get people's attention and end this crap quickly. All that need be done is look at the faces of people of people caught behind one of these A-holes and you'll see what impact they're having on the rest of the drivers.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Left Lane Laggers
    sitting at a green light for 10 seconds reading your text messages.
    running red lights
    speed down the middle lane to cut off 1/4 mile off traffic to turn
    getting on the interstate at 40 mph and yet when the light turns green, can do 60 mph throught the intersection and cut you off to turn.
    Staying in the left lane to cut over three lanes and exit in les than 40 yds.
    getting on the interstate and cutting over 3 lanes to get in the left lane and go slow.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    And, where the hell can I buy a decible meter or two that I can donate to my local SO?

this is a joke... State Police dont give a crap about 18 wheelers breaking state noise ordinances and local police sure as Hell ain't gonna buy sound equipment to monitor high traffic areas... my biggest complaints:

1. noise from vehicles
    2. inspection stations letting illegal vehicles pass inspection
    3. people who camp the left lane

tubbs

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    HAHA! Now I see why my insurance has gone up so much since moving from MS. I will say that I have noticed LA drivers are more aggressive but it doesnt bother me. Thats how I drive anyway. I to hate the left laners.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    You left out...

People who brake for no reason, over and over again.
    People who drop 20 mph for brake lights over 50 yards in front of them.
    Every f--ing tard that causes an accident or has their POS break down on the high rise during rush hour.
    The lady that sped up on my azz today going into HER neighborhood, took the long way around, passed me (from the other direction) as I was going by a car parked on the street, and got in her driveway the EXACT SAME TIME as if she would have followed me slowly through the child-heavy subdivision. (Oh, and jail time just for her 80's throwback hairdo. Chuck Norris said that feathering is out of style.)

I've always thought a new class of driver's license should be introduced, for people skilled and competent enough to attain it. With it, you are issued a remote control that corresponds to transponders installed (by law) on every non-official car on the road. At your discretion, you can flip the switch and have their car initiate its emergency lights, move safely off the roadway, and stay shutdown for an hour. (Anyone caught abusing their privileges with this license will be summarily executed.) Stopping to taunt the a-hole you locked down is encouraged. :mamoru:

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    this is a joke... State Police dont give a crap about 18 wheelers breaking state noise ordinances and local police sure as Hell ain't gonna buy sound equipment to monitor high traffic areas... my biggest complaints:

1. noise from vehicles
    2. inspection stations letting illegal vehicles pass inspection
    3. people who camp the left lane

I wasn't talking about truck noise, I'm talking about what young people call music. You know, the music they think everyone needs to hear.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    What drives me crazy is the people who ride my back bumper when I'm in the left lane, driving at the speed limit, and passing a slower vehicle in the right lane. They seem to think it is their God given right to drive 90 mph and anyone who gets in their way is a jerk. The left lane is for passing only, not speeding only. Plus, if you are driving in an area that is "congested" you are allowed to use the left lane when not passing. But it's anybody's guess what constitutes "congested".:dunno:

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    OH YEAH, I almost forgot.............THE DENHAM SPRINGS EXIT AND EVERYONE WHO DRIVES IT. If you're one of them I don't want to hear it. You speed all the way to the end of the running lanes to cut off all the other interstate traffic. How is it that that exit can flow and yet if you're on the interstate it takes 25 minutes to drive 2 miles.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    +1 on the stereo noise. Mounting speakers on the outside of your car (or underneath) should be a shooting offense. Also, the shop that did it should be burned to the ground.

Trucks dropping stuff. I spend a lot of time on the interstate. I've seen more oddball items that have fallen off a truck. I've dodged dressers, refridgerators (scared the hell out of me- black fridge, night, no lights!), iron racks, scrap metal, bricks (one from a truck caught my windshield), marble chips, boxes, fire extinguishers... Why don't State Police check loads on I10?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    A CB with a modulation booster will end most cell calls in short order and sometimes will put so much feedback into stereos that they will turn it off.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    +1 on the stereo noise. Mounting speakers on the outside of your car (or underneath) should be a shooting offense. Also, the shop that did it should be burned to the ground. I like the way you think!Trucks dropping stuff. I spend a lot of time on the interstate. I've seen more oddball items that have fallen off a truck. I've dodged dressers, refridgerators (scared the hell out of me- black fridge, night, no lights!), iron racks, scrap metal, bricks (one from a truck caught my windshield), marble chips, boxes, fire extinguishers... Why don't State Police check loads on I10?
    Last Thursday morning I had no choice but hit a ladder that was in my lane on the downslope of the highrise. Fortunately nothing happened to my truck. How hard is it to strap stuff down?

Top Bottom