Today's Idiot Driver Rant.......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    I wasn't talking about truck noise, I'm talking about what young people call music. You know, the music they think everyone needs to hear.

regardless of what is generating the noise, there is state law that prohibits it... so whether its a sound system in a car, a 18 wheeler, motor bike, truck, barking dog, etc it's all noise and it's offensive to the general public... the thing is though, that the general public doesnt understand this law so therefore they put up with it or somehow think the person generating the noise has a right to do it under freedom of speech...

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Nevermind the fact that state law says that "the left lane is for passing only". The real problem is when people call the left lane the "fast lane" and the right lane the "slow lane". I hate riding as a passanger but when I do, my friends and family drive me banannas when they drive 75mph in the left lane.

I drive over 40k miles per year and, like Deano, I could sit here all day complaining about idiots on the road...

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Nevermind the fact that state law says that "the left lane is for passing only". The real problem is when people call the left lane the "fast lane" and the right lane the "slow lane". I hate riding as a passanger but when I do, my friends and family drive me banannas when they drive 75mph in the left lane.

I drive over 40k miles per year and, like Deano, I could sit here all day complaining about idiots on the road...

Sad part about me doing it, I only drive from my apartment to BRCC and back during the week, 8 mile round trip, and on Sundays, I drive to my bros in Livingston to go to church and spend the day with him and his wife and kids. I drive maybe 10k miles a year, AT MOST, and I still can't stand getting on the roads around here, and I LOVE driving. I, like you, have a SERIOUS issue with this "fast lane" garbage. It is not a "fast lane," it is designed for ONE purpose, and ONE purpose ONLY: PASSING! Pass your mark, get out of the freakin' way. What I hate most, even though it doesn't directly affect me, is when someone is just straggling in the passing lane without ANYONE in sight for them to pass, sees someone coming up behind them, and REFUSES to move over to the right lane. Seriously? You're going to FORCE me to break the law by passing on the right because you're too stupid to get out of the PASSING lane when there is not a car in the right lane for 50 miles in front of you? Sure, you just passed someone who is now 500 feet behind you, GET OVER! UGH!!!! I've said it a thousand times, I blame Katrina. Baton Rouge was NOT this bad before I joined the Air Force back in January of 05, now, I want to put bullets in about half of the people's cars around here.

/rant

Ugh. Told ya, I shouldn't be posting in here or even opening this thread.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Ok, today's AHDA (AssHatoftheDayAward) goes to the stupid black girl who had a flat tire 150 ft from the end of the twin spans and decided to just sit there and wait for help instead of driving slowly on the flat till she got to a shoulder. But nooooo......lets hold up 30,000 people 'cause you're stupid. I wanted to stop and toss her over the guardrail.

Honorable mention needs to go to the middle aged white woman driving the blue Sequoia with a Law Officer tag (LO47) who decided to stay in the left lane of I-10 from the high rise all the way to the twin spans. I counted at least 50 opportunities for her to merge right. But no........let's make everybody go around me on the right. One would think if you were to get a Law Officer tag, you would pay attention to traffic laws.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I had a trucker cut me off in the left lane one day. I promptly turned my CB on ch19 and politely asked him "what the F*CK are you thinking?" He was quick to apologize when he saw that I flipping him off and brake checked him after. Maybe he just liked my jeep and didn't mean to almost destroy it by potentially running me off the road.
    12935_178816031890_640896890_3412022_2058505_n.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Ok, today's AHDA (AssHatoftheDayAward) goes to the stupid black girl who had a flat tire 150 ft from the end of the twin spans and decided to just sit there and wait for help instead of driving slowly on the flat till she got to a shoulder. But nooooo......lets hold up 30,000 people 'cause you're stupid. I wanted to stop and toss her over the guardrail.

That bridge brings out the 'tard in people. I recall a night about a year ago where some genius had stopped with a flat JUST over the crest of the bridge, and promptly caused such a bad accident that they had the whole thing shut down for 40 minutes until they could get a single lane open.

Driving around the cities is a freakin' nightmare-- and an exercise in self control.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    You know, I came to peace with retarded drivers one day when I ran into someone with the same amount of rage as me. We got into a bout of finger exchanges and passing / cutting off and brake check exchanges. Life's to short to get angry like that. I just let it go. You'll get where you're going eventually and if you didn't leave early enough, then oh well. Getting mad and driving like an idiot won't make up lost time. The only exception I have to this "peace" is for two types of drivers. Those that intentionally drive down a lane that ends and force their way in and motorcyclists that drive between lanes, and on shoulders, to pass traffic. I will make it hard for you if you try and run down that merging lane and I will give you a gesture for splitting down the lanes. I have no patience for others impatience.

Last edited:

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    One of my regular rants around the house is if I win the lottery, the absolute first thing I'm going to do is hire a chauffeur.

If I win the lottery, I'm buying a beast of a truck and putting a directional snow plow on it. I can then afford the insurance to push the left lane laggers out of the way and clear out the Denham Springs exit!

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    how bout after market light bulbs that look blue? from a distances it catches your eye in your rear veiw mirror and think its a police car coming down the road.or they are so bright they blind you,from behind is worst.why do they need such bright lights?i thought thats what hi-beams were for with a on/off switch?its really bad when they also have them in there fog lights as well.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    i'm amazed at the people who will change lanes then change back to their original lane moments later and then maybe back again and NEVER ONCE use thier turn signal. They weave back and forth and won't signal any of it.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I wasn't talking about truck noise, I'm talking about what young people call music. You know, the music they think everyone needs to hear.

To qualify as music, it must have rhythm, harmony and melody. The sounds emanating from vehicles piloted by urban democrats and the debris blanc that imitate them does not meet the criteria.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    how bout after market light bulbs that look blue? from a distances it catches your eye in your rear veiw mirror and think its a police car coming down the road.or they are so bright they blind you,from behind is worst.why do they need such bright lights?i thought thats what hi-beams were for with a on/off switch?its really bad when they also have them in there fog lights as well.

They're called HID's. They're not bad as long as they are aimed correctly. I've had HID's only last 2 trucks and I have never had anyone flash me for shining them at night. Also, factory hi-beams are still not as bright. The color of the lights can vary as well. Mine aren't blue, they're more of a pure white. I dont care for the blueish ones either.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    OK, today let's talk(bitch) about the truckers that want to pass one another at 1mph above the other's speed. It took one truck almost three miles to pass another today on I-12. (I followed at 65-66 mph the whole time) That's too much. If they want to pass, they should speed up as not to interfere with other motorists.

And while we're at it, which direction should I point my new snowplow blade I ordered, left to direct idiots' cars into the median, or to the right and send them into the trees. I think the left, primarily 'cause the median has the catch cables and I wouldn't want to harm the good folks that are in the right lane(s). Or would a 6" steel bar with 12" spikes for the front of my truck do? I mean, we gotta do something, right?

Obviously, it's more than our boys in blue can accomplish, so some help should be in order, right?

Now, on to the noise thing......what'cha think.......flash bangs....incendary(sp)......there's got to be something that will get them to turn that **** down.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    OK, today let's talk(bitch) about the truckers that want to pass one another at 1mph above the other's speed. It took one truck almost three miles to pass another today on I-12. (I followed at 65-66 mph the whole time) That's too much. If they want to pass, they should speed up as not to interfere with other motorists.

I had that happen to me this weekend coming off of the Basin bridge on I-10. The trucker had to run me off of the road to pass a truck in front of him to go a whole 1 MPH faster...errgghh.

Top Bottom