Took a Fall in Public - Pistol Too!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So I'm out running my dog-horse in a fairly popular running spot in mid-city when the leash gets a little wrapped around my feet. I get that oh crap "We're going down!" feeling and try to steer my way off the sidewalk and into the grass. No luck. I splat head first into the concrete and the dog-horse helps me complete a pretty cool acrobatic move that actually puts me right side up.

So I check myself out. Blood? Yep. Mostly hands. Onlookers are keeping their distance. I think we're good to take off again. Hey look at that, a shiny H&K P7 sitting in the grass. I wonder who would be stupid enough to lose one of... OH CRAP. I scooped it up and holstered and got the hell out still dripping blood.

In over a year of heavy use, I've never had the gun fall out of this holster before. It's a fairly tight fitting IWB kydex and normally stays very secure. My biggest concern is I never even realized the gun was gone until I saw it on the ground.

Might be time to consider a thumb break leather holster?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    BTDT... got the scars.

Actually, I took a fall while hunting some years back while jumping a fence. I landed on my s&w 469. I broke the screw on my ambi safety and bent the safety lever itself. I didn't notice at first either. Give your gun a thorough inspection.

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    i recommend some kind of tension or thumb break as you stated.If you get into a fight it helps that the Bafd Guy wont pull your gun off you either.I recommend the blackhawk and a 511 instructors belt..Holds it in tight w/trigger finger release

Top Bottom