took my first sip of the Glock kool aid today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Was the Glock New?
    I swapped my Para Ord Lite Hawg at the last gun show for a LNIB Kimber Tactical Ultra Carry II.
    I saw my gun on the guys table today when i passed through...If anyone is interested the guys name is Van....He was asking 950 for the Lite Hawg, Which I have not seen another one of locally mind you.
    Its just a warthawg with a light rail, and damn is that a heavy piece of steel.
    Glad I made the trade I did...You did well also, I saw a bunch of Para's at the show.
    Saw a Colt Commander that was beat to hell and the guy wants 400 for it..It needs major work, I may haggle him and get it for a project LOL.
    You will like the Glock

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    still not exactly sure how I feel

Dirty and slimy feeling is normal.

Seriously, Para hasn't been known for making a good gun at least since they moved operations to North Carolina. I'd like to see it change, and maybe they are doing so, but I'm not convinced yet.

kjunwill

coonass from the berry
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Derouen La.
    Never shot a Para ? Did shoot a freinds Gen 3 G19 a few weeks back at the range. Liked it so much i got it from him as soon as he was ready to let it go. ( last week ) I think you'll like yours to ! :)

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    The first pistol I bought was a Glock. Now I have two and I also shoot an HK. I have a 1911 because it is just unAmerican not to own at least one but I wouldn't carry it. The Glock Kool-Aid is very good. The wife was asking about a 40 Glock so we maybe going to buy one of those tomorrow.

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    The first pistol I bought was a Glock. Now I have two and I also shoot an HK. I have a 1911 because it is just unAmerican not to own at least one but I wouldn't carry it. The Glock Kool-Aid is very good. The wife was asking about a 40 Glock so we maybe going to buy one of those tomorrow.

I've got a few used ones on my table. Stop by and check them out.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You will feel good when you make it go bang!

And then when the brass case smacks you between the eyes after the bang you'll feel less good. Hopefully yours won't do that. But if does please know that GLOCK has perfected ejecting brass cases into their customer's faces. It's like a loaded chamber indicator and it's let you know that weapon successfully cleared the chamber.

Dave

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Yes. Call Glock. They will likely never tell you what was wrong or in some cases admit any fault but in nearly all cases they will fix it.

hunterjwm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The Glock was new and the guy from South Land police supply was great to deal with already have 3 1911 including at 3 inch Springfield compact. we will see tomorrow afternoon after work heading to work on a teal blind and planning to burn up a few rounds.

Top Bottom