Took the 5 second ride yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    Went through TASER certification yesterday with the X26 yesterday in Caddo. Took the ride with aligator clips on the shoulder and ankle. What fun. Anyway my dept is talking about buying more TASERs to outfit our unit and I am pushing for the X2 since we were told the X26 will be outdated in less than a year. I have been to the site and know a little about the unit. Our instructor really downplayed the carry of the spare on the butt due to the frequent damage to the blast doors with everyday knocks, and I like the idea of 2 shots without a reload. 5 of the 6 students in our class were bitten during the reload drills (not me, I knew to turn the damn thing off if I was putting my hand on the business end). My question is, is anyone using the X2, and what good points can I make for the purchase?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Ive carried the X26 for several years now, and have never had a problem with doors or anything like that. We also remove the unit from holster, remove cartridge from unit, and test fire every shift, (so a minimum of 14 times per month) and havent had those problems.

usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    I also road the lightning but didn't do it the clip method.....we had the agonizing wait while they counted down before shooting us. lol. And my agency doesn't even have them for us to carry.

I'd also rather get tazed every day and twice on days that end in Y then get sprayed again. :eek3:

Top Bottom