Top 5 misconceptions of when you CAN OR CAN'T use a gun.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    I ran into something last week that I need to ask about. Twice during the week, we had a woman indicate that she was almost (maybe actually) more afraid to pull out a gun when being attacked than actually using the gun. They have been told that "brandishing" is 1. a FEDERAL felony, and 2. just pulling a gun will get you in a world of trouble. Note that this is even when faced with a clear attack.

We were shooting the First Person Defender series, and two of the woman (who have and carry guns) were reluctant (in one case to the point of not doing it at all) to draw a firearm when under prolonged verbal and then physical assault and then when confronted with an attacker who clearly had a gun.

Are the trainers here running across this? In the line of misconceptions, is this something that is growing, or has it always been there? Are people so afraid of the legal problems they have been told they will face that they won't actually protect themselves or their families?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Read back some Tom. I mentioned something similar and how dangerous ignorance of laws and rights can be for those who carry.

Gotta squash these misconceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbrevelle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    Dry Prong, LA
    "If you are a white, male, heterosexual. ..you CAN'T shoot anybody but another white, male, heterosexual. Otherwise Eric Holder will come after you"
    Thats just what I heard anyway.

MikeS369

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I was once told by a police officer teaching a CHP class that I shouldn't use hollow points for self-defense. How's that for a misconception?

I think that probably has something to do with cases such as in Arizona where a guy was charged with murder I believe because he used a 10mm. A caliber the DA determined was designed to kill. But it was a dumb thing for a CHP teacher to say.

Top Bottom