Top Secret Clearances

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Unless I'm mistaken, there appears to be a pattern developing here....

take_a_hint_by_brieana-d51ld7c.png

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    this thread is getting entertaining.

That it is.

I got mine before the Internet was widespread like it is today. Early 90's. They had to do a lot of actual legwork then. I had elementary school teachers telling me "guys in suits came and asked about what kind of kid you were." when I came back after A & C School for a visit. They can find out a whole lot about someone now with just a few clicks. My clearance has been expired for well over 12 years. That's why I dont care about talking about what I had. Everything I knew is old technology/old information now. :) I probably couldn't find my way around a JIC/SSES now if I had to. Great memories from the wonderful land of OZ.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    my employer just warned that simply signing a petition for your state to withdraw/secede from the union (a popular discussion in many threads) would effectively be advocating the overthrow of government and may cause a security clearance to be revoked.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    my employer just warned that simply signing a petition for your state to withdraw/secede from the union (a popular discussion in many threads) would effectively be advocating the overthrow of government and may cause a security clearance to be revoked.

Sounds like a very good reason IMO. In fact.....should be toward the top of the list of reasons.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Buddy of mine does work with a local chapter of 'zombie squad' - a tongue in cheek theme that's used as a 'hook' for educational seminars, preparedness advocacy, work for charity, community support, and fundraisers, a 501c3 organization. He's got photos of him on the internet wearing a banana hammock, a ski mask, a shemagh, holding his AR15. He also has one of him wearing a banana hammock, his AR, and a shemagh, in the shower. It's a running gag "mall ninja pic" that he goes pretty far with.

Every year when he has his annual meeting to review his "character assessment" to see how 'shifty' you are, he makes a point to have a sharpie marker on him. He half expects that one time they'll slide a picture across the table of those pictures. His plan is to just autograph it and push it back across the table. lol.

So long as you're not advocating illegal activity (and keep in mind all the things that are illegal or indicative of illegality, and insubordination/insurrection) you can still have opinions... and even voice them. As for character assessment, I'm told they want to make sure there's nothing you will be blackmailed over. Hence my buddy not caring about his banana hammock pics. He's very ok with the publicity of those pics, and has no shame. He told me, when I was looking at a path toward that direction, that skeletons in the closet are very bad for people with confidential information. Don't have skeletons.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Buddy of mine does work with a local chapter of 'zombie squad' - a tongue in cheek theme that's used as a 'hook' for educational seminars, preparedness advocacy, work for charity, community support, and fundraisers, a 501c3 organization. He's got photos of him on the internet wearing a banana hammock, a ski mask, a shemagh, holding his AR15. He also has one of him wearing a banana hammock, his AR, and a shemagh, in the shower. It's a running gag "mall ninja pic" that he goes pretty far with.

Every year when he has his annual meeting to review his "character assessment" to see how 'shifty' you are, he makes a point to have a sharpie marker on him. He half expects that one time they'll slide a picture across the table of those pictures. His plan is to just autograph it and push it back across the table. lol.

So long as you're not advocating illegal activity (and keep in mind all the things that are illegal or indicative of illegality, and insubordination/insurrection) you can still have opinions... and even voice them. As for character assessment, I'm told they want to make sure there's nothing you will be blackmailed over. Hence my buddy not caring about his banana hammock pics. He's very ok with the publicity of those pics, and has no shame. He told me, when I was looking at a path toward that direction, that skeletons in the closet are very bad for people with confidential information. Don't have skeletons.

I would agree 100% with you only if you are not aspiring to run for president or other high political positions. A banana hammock would kill a few votes.

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    What I posted in the CCW forum came across wrong, and I should have worded it differently or better yet not said anything at all. I do not advocate violence against the police or law enforcement. I appreciate everyone here at BS holding my feet to the fire over what I said. I also appreciate all the advice and good information, I'll keep it in mind from now on. I hope I'm still eligible for the TS clearance. If not I'll have to find another occ field. I'd hate for fifteen minutes of stupidity to ruin a career move, but we all have to be accountable for our actions. If there's any mods out there willing to delete any of my questionable posts I would appreciate it. Thanks all. This has been a helpful and interesting thread.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    What I posted in the CCW forum came across wrong, and I should have worded it differently or better yet not said anything at all. I do not advocate violence against the police or law enforcement

Correction, you said:

That being said, regardless of the authority, they can have my firearms, but they'll have to take the bullets first, if you know what I'm saying.

How is that not advocating violence? It sounds to me like you expressed a really really really stupid viewpoint, and now that you're being called on it you're changing your tune.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom