Top Secret Clearances

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Nevermind, found the thread - he really did say he'd shoot a cop asking to hold his gun.

What a stupid thing to say REGARDLESS of who you are or your aspirations.

GOOD LUCK with that security clearance, you'll need it!

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Nevermind, found the thread - he really did say he'd shoot a cop asking to hold his gun.

With a comment like that, he'd be lucky not to lose his current job if that came out.

J

jayd

I do not advocate violence against the police or law enforcement..
    Glad to hear that, and I'm sure your neighbor across the street 150 yards down, ya know the one with the white Crown Vic parked out front? I'm sure he'll be happy to know that you'll do him no harm if he stops you for speeding down Lxxxxxx Oxxs dr ;)

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    The problem is, a lot of people think they are 100% anonymous and can post whatever they want. Everything can be traced back, one way or another.

In theory: 1) Purchase laptop or tablet with cash. 2) Set up free email account with fake information 3) Only log on onto internet via no camera coffee shops wifi hot spots 4) turn off/remove battery of laptop/tablet prior to returning home 5) Ensure route taken to and from where you access wifi hotspot doesn't have surrounding surveillance cameras from neighboring buildings 6) Wear foil on my head while doing what evil doers do

Am I good to go with my footprints covered? I somehow think CSI Miama will still find me. caugh caugh....trying to change the subject caugh caugh

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Yeah, I was trying to copy it based of memory, didn't work so well, the actual quote is here in post 40.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    That it is.

I got mine before the Internet was widespread like it is today. Early 90's. They had to do a lot of actual legwork then. I had elementary school teachers telling me "guys in suits came and asked about what kind of kid you were." when I came back after A & C School for a visit. They can find out a whole lot about someone now with just a few clicks. My clearance has been expired for well over 12 years. That's why I dont care about talking about what I had. Everything I knew is old technology/old information now. :) I probably couldn't find my way around a JIC/SSES now if I had to. Great memories from the wonderful land of OZ.

I thought that too, then I ran across a job where I had to replace something I was installing after 9/11 , just last year... same exact thing..

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I thought that too, then I ran across a job where I had to replace something I was installing after 9/11 , just last year... same exact thing..

I wouldn't doubt it. The last time I was in a JIC/SSES was late 90's. I'm sure they still use some of the crypto they use to use back then but the majority was decommissioned year and years ago and changed out to newer and better equipment.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    jayd's comment of knowing where I live.
    He's an admin and may have used his access to see your email address and googled you off that (it's often enough for people who like to post on the net..)

Otherwise, the first thing I did was look to see if you had any sale threads up with pics.

You should google "EXIF data"

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    It's still spooky that they were able to find it so easy. I want to address the comments on that CCW thread one more time. I typed something stupid. I regret it. There are no qualifiers for it/ It's not how I would act or how I feel. In sincerity and humility I apologize. I have friends and family in law enforcement and respect and admire the service and risk they take everyday. I understand it's kind of impossible to undo what I said, but if there's a way to make it right, let me know and it will be done.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    jayd's comment of knowing where I live.

Tell ya what, I can take a uniquely identifiable string of numbers and dots that you currently possess and determine where you are down to a couple of buildings. Then I could use one of those clearances you're attempting to get and get your credit history, habits and services you use in about 3 minutes. After that I normally couldn't legally continue but OH! You signed a form that basically waives your lawfully protected right to privacy. Now, about 5 minutes later, I have a 60% complete bio on you for the last 19 years from many cooperating agencies.

Scared yet?

PS: this is a fictional situation and I profess no knowledge of internal system operations. Oh, and my hat is made of titanium, not tinfoil.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's still spooky that they were able to find it so easy. I want to address the comments on that CCW thread one more time. I typed something stupid. I regret it. There are no qualifiers for it/ It's not how I would act or how I feel. In sincerity and humility I apologize. I have friends and family in law enforcement and respect and admire the service and risk they take everyday. I understand it's kind of impossible to undo what I said, but if there's a way to make it right, let me know and it will be done.

So if it wasn't what you meant, why did you say it? Seems like something an itoughguy/webthug would say.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom