Toys R Us--No guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Ok, so I just got my CCW last Thurs and I have been carrying around Baton Rouge for a couple of days...feels kinda weird but I’m getting used to it...i went to Toys R Us today on Airline and Florida in Baton Rouge and as i was walking in and I saw a sign that Said something along the lines of Guns Prohibited on Premises.. i couldn’t believe it..well i walked in and they had a security guard that looked high as giraffe pu$$y and shirt un tucked walking around in a daze...

I guess that is the reason they would say that they could not allow weapons in the store.. because they have a "security guard".

Has anyone else seen this at any other Toys R Us stores or is it just this one...and just so I know does anyone know of any places that don’t permit guns on the property in Baton Rouge besides the ones that are stated in the law? I wont buy things from places that ban guns on property if i can help it..

Oh yeah and i know people are wondering what I was doing at Toys R Us... The gf and I really wanted to build a LEGO lol...

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I've seen that sign. There aren't very many signs like that in Baton Rouge. There was one at Buffalo Wild Wings but it's gone now. Just stay concealed, act normal, and go about your business.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Yes I've seen that sign. There aren't very many signs like that in Baton Rouge. There was one at Buffalo Wild Wings but it's gone now. Just stay concealed, act normal, and go about your business.

I thought that you were not allowed to carry in Restaurant that served alcohol anyway...Yeah if you stay concealed no one will know but i just want to make sure bout the restaurant bar thing...i know that you cant carry in a bar but the restaurant thing is kind of confusing for me…

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Oh yeah and i know people are wondering what I was doing at Toys R Us... The gf and I really wanted to build a LEGO lol...

:rofl: they have any good ones? I got that urge recently and built a ferrari, kinda brought back the childhood! might have to go check them out, me AND my gun!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I thought that you were not allowed to carry in Restaurant that served alcohol anyway...Yeah if you stay concealed no one will know but i just want to make sure bout the restaurant bar thing...i know that you cant carry in a bar but the restaurant thing is kind of confusing for me…
    Stay out of the "Bar" area. If you go diving through the CCW and Legal section, you'll see where we have talked about this.
    I guess that is the reason they would say that they could not allow weapons in the store.. because they have a "security guard".
    I bet he wasn't armed himself, was he?

:)

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    :rofl: they have any good ones? I got that urge recently and built a ferrari, kinda brought back the childhood! might have to go check them out, me AND my gun!

actually yeah they had some good ones haha i almost bought a Ferrari Enzo to build but it was $50...so i had to pass on that one...

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Stay out of the "Bar" area. If you go diving through the CCW and Legal section, you'll see where we have talked about this.

I bet he wasn't armed himself, was he?

:)

yeah i read alot bout the CCW laws but when he said that they took the sign down at buffalo wild wings i thought that mabye they changed something...

Im pretty sure that he wasnt armed but i couldnt really tell b/c his shirt was un-tucked..i hope to god that he didnt have a gun lol

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Is the Toys R Us mascot still a giraffe, by the way? lmao

when i was typing i was thinking the same thing and started to laugh...i guess it is still a giraffe but i dunno i havent seen a commercial in a while

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    This may be old news, but someone asked me to send an e-mail to ToysRUs, so I did. Here are the latest exchanges:

--- On Sat, 12/4/10, Customer Support <toysrus1@mailwc.custhelp.com> wrote:

Subject: FW: firearms restrictions [Incident: 101201-005724]
    To: Date: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 2:25 PM

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
    center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    FW: firearms restrictions

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Brian Fisher) - 12/04/2010 02:25 PM
    Dear xxxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting the “R” Us Team.

At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

Sincerely,

“R” Us Guest Relations

Customer (Contact Us) - 12/01/2010 08:43 PM
    -------------------------------------------

OK,

My wife, who buys toys for nine grandchildren and a bunch of relatives' children, has been instructed to not enter your stores and to not spend any money with you until this silliness on your part is corrected.

I will also post this reply on several websites that I frequent.

Once more, criminals just ignore your signs; you are only disarming the lawful citizen customers.

s/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    New Orleans
    4Dec10

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom