TPS match this Sunday,29th ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravityBad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey,

New to the forum and new to USPSA. I'm interested in shooting this weekend and came across the LAGATOR.org site and noticed TPS schedules matches the 4th and 5th Sunday. I emailed the contact person but have not received a reply.

I also noticed that the posted scores don't match the # of matches scheduled leading me to believe they were canceled. How do you get a verification that the match actually is a go?

The website is somewhat limited on information. Can someone chime in on the basics: # of stages, avg round count needed, avg attendance - especially production...

Thanks,

Joe

lilbeauxdawg

INFIDEL
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Welcome to the site Joe. As far as we know the tangi match is on. If it changes or is cancelled it will usually b posted on this site. The match is usually five stages around 120 rounds but most people bring 200 to make sure they have enough ammo for the match. Robert doesn't always post the scores but he is usually pretty good about emailing them out. If u go to the match just give Robert your email so he can add you to the list. The attendance varies it can be 30 people or it can be 60 people just depends on who can make it.

Hope that helps
    lilB

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey Joe,

I'll be there Sunday as long as it's not canceled. If you go, and enjoy it, you can join TPS, which is the group that puts on the matches. It will get you on the mailing list, and Rob is good about e-mailing when a match is canceled.

I would agree that around 120ish is the round count needed, but make sure to bring extra, in case you have to reshoot a stage.

I'd also advise bringing

Pistol
    Strong Side Holster
    4 mag pouches if you have them
    4-5 mags
    Hearing and Eye Protection
    Water/Fluids
    Snack(s)
    Towels (one to wipe off sweat, etc... one to wipe off your mags and such)
    A hat

Aaron

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Sorry gang with the weather we had today and more forecast for tonight and tomorrow we have to cancel the match for tomorrow.

Hopefully the weather will make a September match possible.

DVC

Top Bottom