"Trade for an ASSAULT RIFLE".........really now?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    You know,I think in this day age we all should watch our Ps and Qs when we talk about guns. Not only are our 2A rights being threatened,our 1A rights are being scrutinized`as well. A member here posted that he wanted to trade a Glock for an assault rifle. I don't know about ya'll,and maybe I'm just going a little overboard on this,but I don't think we should be using verbage like that. Does the OP even know the correct definition of an assault rifle? In reality,we all know what he means,but the rest of the world doesn't and those "watching" this site and other similar sites are taking note. I tend to think that this site is a little bit more gun savvy than other sites that promote misguided selling procedures and allow rampant gouging. Anyway,not making a huge stink about it here,but I think we should all just watch what we say for now and be mindful of other forces listening in. Let's just hope the OP didn't want "clips" with that assault rifle he's looking for......ya heard!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think it's not worth worrying about.

There are plenty of people who aren't at all familiar with AR15s/AK47s who may be familiar with other guns... but all they know is that those guns are about to be banned, so they figure they should get one before they no longer have the choice, if that ever comes to pass.

They can learn later.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree. Using the term assault rifle is ignorant. Same as calling a magazine a clip. I don't even think a full auto should be called an assault rifle.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Yeah, I cringed a little bit when I saw that ad. I've seen a couple references to that name and feel much the same as the OP.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    What the **** is left to even call an 'assault rifle' then, if not the class of rifle actually termed assault rifles?

Any firearm can be used to assault someone. A broom can be used to assault someone. A frying pan can be used to assault someone. We don't call them assault handguns, assault brooms, assault frying pans, do we? Why not call a M4/M16 what it is by calling it a machine gun? The logic doesn't make sense to me. How does going from semi to auto somehow make the same weapon an "assault rifle"?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Any firearm can be used to assault someone. A broom can be used to assault someone. A frying pan can be used to assault someone. We don't call them assault handguns, assault brooms, assault frying pans, do we? Why not call a M4/M16 what it is by calling it a machine gun? The logic doesn't make sense to me. How does going from semi to auto somehow make the same weapon an "assault rifle"?

Because that what the Germans called it when they invented it.

Typically, when you invent something... you get to name it.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I thought that his use of the term "brand new" along with "one mag fired threw" was contradictory. Also his spelling of the word threw instead of through had me amazed.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I thought that his use of the term "brand new" along with "one mag fired threw" was contradictory. Also his spelling of the word threw instead of through had me amazed.
    Maybe it was extra confirmation it was new. The only mag that gun ever saw, he threw aside to guarantee he put no rounds through it ;)

lt1rx798

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I feel the same way about the term "crotch rocket". It's a sport bike. The people who use these terms are ignorant, or anti- (fill in the blank).

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369978613.804620.jpg
    That's a crotch rocket

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Top Bottom