Tragic killing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    The driver in the situation you just described should absolutely, even in a "stand your ground" state, leave the altercation if possible.

In my opinion there is no reason to escalate to the point of violence IF you can safely leave the location and diffuse the situation.

True

In a drive thru lots oftimes immediate anything is not possible, but if I can I would too, Just don't know what happened yet.

If someone is " altercating " at my window and I take my eyes off them to accelerate, that may give them the opportunity to shoot me. It really has to be a good judgement call. Situation is everything, and what we do in a nano second will live or be dead for ever.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I always leave enough space between me and the vehicle in front of me so that I can pull out and leave if needed.

At Taco Bell, yes.

Some burger places try to corral you in for the long haul. "No matter how long they wait, they cannot leave until they are at least at the drive thru window, and by then they just want their food and to go home... they'll pay... muahahaha!"

Yes that theory works until someone like me comes along and drives a Ford Ranger all on their bushes :rofl:
    Seriously this place was designed so that once you were 2 cars before the menu, you were stuck like chuck if people were behind you. "We doan have dat spicy chickn no mo, it nine clock aint no ice cream" SEE YA!

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Just by the stuff read here, this poor dude was obviously a dependent of somebody. Where the hell were they?
    Mentally challenged individuals can often act violently (from my experience mostly harmlessly flailing around and beating on objects) and be really scary to strangers.
    Maybe his raging legitimately terrified the shooter. Maybe not either, I'm glad the cops are looking into it.
    Personally, I'm glad there's no outrage over it. The T case is already way more exposure than we gun owners need.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Lots of times people get comfortable with a dog going with someone as protection...this was not a time to have only a dog. What the caretakers got comfortable with cost several people a LOT

Couple of years ago the Market Basket where I go hired a " challenged " bagger, he was a big ol boy too. I was in the bath room one day when he came in, slammed the door open and started flaling and slapping on things. Some one had pissed him off and he was blowing it off in the bathroom. Had I not had something going on with my right hand that I wasn't ready to let go of ...he'd have seen a gun. By the time ( few seconds ) I was able to draw I realized what was going on , no gun. Had he continued or run at me...IDK

**** happens

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It was posted on here less than a month after it happened, and that wasn't the first I'd heard about it. Either way, it's stupid that so many other acts of violence are being completely dismissed by MSM as "acceptable" because of the racial makeup of the incidences.

Of course. They are preying upon your emotions. And "they" have millions of rounds of ammo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    At Taco Bell, yes.

Some burger places try to corral you in for the long haul. "No matter how long they wait, they cannot leave until they are at least at the drive thru window, and by then they just want their food and to go home... they'll pay... muahahaha!"

Yes that theory works until someone like me comes along and drives a Ford Ranger all on their bushes :rofl:
    Seriously this place was designed so that once you were 2 cars before the menu, you were stuck like chuck if people were behind you. "We doan have dat spicy chickn no mo, it nine clock aint no ice cream" SEE YA!

Man that is funny as hell.... The best laugh I had all day.....

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    The way I see it the gun is your last option not the first. Look if this man has a mental deficiency I agree he shouldn't be out by himself. But these guys tend to get out of their homes all the time. I mean you have to use good judgement. And most of the time you are going to have to make quick judgement, weather to escalate or defuse. The way I see it the shooter had no reason to shoot. Listen you can come at me hollering, screaming, flailing your arms whatever, but until you put your hands on me or my family your going to be OK... You go past that and look out, cause the wrath of god is going to come down on you with great fury and vengeance! If this kid was beating the shooters brains out that's one thing, but if this guy shot him without having so much as a finger being laid on him, well that's a horse of a different color.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    The way I see it the gun is your last option not the first. Look if this man has a mental deficiency I agree he shouldn't be out by himself. But these guys tend to get out of their homes all the time. I mean you have to use good judgement. And most of the time you are going to have to make quick judgement, weather to escalate or defuse. The way I see it the shooter had no reason to shoot. Listen you can come at me hollering, screaming, flailing your arms whatever, but until you put your hands on me or my family your going to be OK... You go past that and look out, cause the wrath of god is going to come down on you with great fury and vengeance! If this kid was beating the shooters brains out that's one thing, but if this guy shot him without having so much as a finger being laid on him, well that's a horse of a different color.

Stick with that philosophy...wait on contact to start defense, you can be a poster boy ( person ) for SYG anti's

Learn the law ...apply it as needed to remain posting goofy ****

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom