Training on an AK at SE La. range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skyfein

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    My dad recently gave me an AK-47 as a birthday present (he is ex-military and has a great sense of humor).

I have not fired it as I'd like some training on it first. Can anyone recommend an outdoor range that would accommodate an AK AND that offers training? I see some people have recommended Nick's, which is close to me. Anyone know if training can be arranged there?

Here is a link to Nick's location:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=10555553151625917101&q=nick's+garyville,+la&gl=us

Forgive me if this question is basic/stupid/obvious -- I am new to the area and any info you can provide is much appreciated.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    what does "training" consist of? if its just learning the basics of operating the ak platform I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would be willing to help you.

skyfein

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    thanks!

Many thanks to everyone who wrote me with suggestions -- and especially to Ryan, who met me at the Honey Island range for some hands-on instruction. I am off to a good start thanks to the community on this board.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Once you learn the basics of your weapon and shooting stances, you can always attend a Tactical Carbine Instruction course, most people run those courses with AR's but every once in a while you see an AK on the line.

Top Bottom