Travelers Who Refuse Screening Process Will Be Fined & Incarcerated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe I'm wrong, but *I* don't think the TSA has the authority to "arrest" or "incarcerate" anyone, especially if you have not broken any laws. A moot point but I say if faced with that dilemma I turn around and leave WHILE calling the local police dept. on the cell.

Yes? No??

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe I'm wrong, but *I* don't think the TSA has the authority to "arrest" or "incarcerate" anyone, especially if you have not broken any laws. A moot point but I say if faced with that dilemma I turn around and leave WHILE calling the local police dept. on the cell.

Yes? No??

Dunno, but I'm thinkin' that may be why they said something about turning "detained" folks over to the locals. 'course if they aren't empowered to arrest, then by default, they can't legally "detain." Then again, they are Feds and the constitution is silent about logic.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Yes? No??

TSA is not a LEA; however,it is HIGHLY probable that the detail officers for the PD or the Airport Police (which are LEO) will at least initially side with them.
    It is a shitty situation

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    TSA is not a LEA; however,it is HIGHLY probable that the detail officers for the PD or the Airport Police (which are LEO) will at least initially side with them.
    It is a shitty situation

In light of recent reports though I'm not so sure that would automatically be true though. Especially in places where AGs or whoever have publicly stated that TSA screeners will be prosecuted for "touching someone's junk." It's slow moving but I think this is going to pop soon.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Boob: "You need to arrest this man."
    COP: "Ok, what for?"
    Boob: "He refused a screening after I said I had to pat his crotch and now insists that he doesn't want to fly anymore and just wants to go home. That is not allowed."
    COP: "Um, he hasn't broken any laws. He changed his mind. What do you want him charged with?"
    Boob: Just arrest him, I said so and I am TSA!"
    COP: "uhhmm..."

:rofl:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    In light of recent reports though I'm not so sure that would automatically be true though. Especially in places where AGs or whoever have publicly stated that TSA screeners will be prosecuted for "touching someone's junk." It's slow moving but I think this is going to pop soon.

I want to believe you are right. We need security, but all of this is simply not the right way.

Top Bottom