Traveling with a gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ngarre2

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Covington
    So I'm going to Florida and was wondering what the different laws in the 3 states I will be traveling through are in regards to a hand gun in the car. Now I am going to look it up for myself but I just thought it would be a good discussions here. Also when in Florida I suppose I should leave it in the safe since my CHP has yet to come in.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    The way things are, you are taking a chance with your safety if you don't have a gun and you are risking tthe wrath of the leo's if you do have one. It's a no win situation so take one and just follow all traffic laws and don't get stopped.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    do NOT carry in your vehicle in alabama without a permit. alabama requires a CHP to carry a pistol in your car concealed, plain sight, on person, in the vehicle period.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm fairly certain U.S. Interstate Commerce Laws allow for transport of a firearm in any state as long as it is unloaded, in a locked case seperate from ammunition and not in the passenger compartment.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm fairly certain U.S. Interstate Commerce Laws allow for transport of a firearm in any state as long as it is unloaded, in a locked case seperate from ammunition and not in the passenger compartment.

Unless you are in a state like New York or Illinois that refuses to acknowledge such ideals.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    Alabama is not cool and honestly I dont think florida is either. We have had investigators arrested and their weapons taken in Alabama and Florida we had to obtain a non resident conceal permit. But Im not sure about Florida we just had a lot of work there and thought it would be easier to have it and not worry.

Top Bottom