Trespassing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have someone jumping the fence everyday crossing into our property. We live next to an alley and people think jumping across my fence is a short cut. They are breaking the fence. It is to the point I have to fix it every day. I even hung a no trespassing sign yesterday and they broke the fence even worse. It's starting to **** me off. It happens during the day I know that. I'm think of putting a game camera up so I can see what time the dirt bag is doing this. Any ideas? Thanks!:mad:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Game camera is the best idea, imo.

Can they see what's on the other side of the fence before they jump it? If not, maybe after you do some yard work you just forget to put the tools away.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Game camera is a great idea.

Also how about reinforcing the fence?
    Or making it taller?

Is the issue crossing the property or breaking the fence?

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Game camera is a great idea.

Also how about reinforcing the fence?
    Or making it taller?

Is the issue crossing the property or breaking the fence?

Both, I went around the yard last night and dug up all of the ant piles and laced the fence where the dirt bag crosses. I have a 6' wood fence that drops to a 4' wire fence. Might have to wrap razor wire at the top, but it will make the yard look crappy. Might just extend the wood fence, but why should I spend money to keep people out of my yard?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It sucks, but I think I'd extend the fence regardless. It sucks, it's a PITA, but sometimes it makes things easier. You shouldn't /have to/ absolutely, but it might save a worse headache.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    How about a nice holly bush hedge?
    Looks nice, and god help you if you trip and fall into them...
    images

You could throw in some poison ivy, too...
    You know, the gift that keeps on giving...

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Kinda thinking about it, I'm going to get the game camera. Set it up for 3-5 days, let the clown screw up my fence, figure his pattern of when he comes. Then call LEO when I can predict he'll show up again, bust his ass with the cop, then get him to fix and pay the damage or I'll file charges.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks, that sounds great. It solves the problem and adds to the landscaping! Might do the bush thing, instead of adding to the fence! A man can never have enough bush!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Thanks, that sounds great. It solves the problem and adds to the landscaping! Might do the bush thing, instead of adding to the fence! A man can never have enough bush!

keep us posted on what you end up doing and if you have success or not...we're pulling for you!

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Moultrie makes cameras called the game spy you can get them connected to a satellite link and they will email you a notification as soon as they snap a picture of the person so that you can call LE immediately. I have 30 of them set up around my camp cost is 30 per month per unit and it is a cheap security blanket. Also you can go to the animal shelter and adopt a really large pet that usually works well too.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Moultrie makes cameras called the game spy you can get them connected to a satellite link and they will email you a notification as soon as they snap a picture of the person so that you can call LE immediately. I have 30 of them set up around my camp cost is 30 per month per unit and it is a cheap security blanket. Also you can go to the animal shelter and adopt a really large pet that usually works well too.

LOL.
    Your idea of cheap is different than mine. I don't consider $900 per month for camp cameras to alert me as cheap. (Unless I'm reading that wrong)

And I'm pretty sure it's cellular not satellite.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I second the get a big dog comment. That might not help till he gets big. You could spend between one and 300 and set up a pretty sweet electric fence on top of your fence. Set up cameras too so you can make a fun video too :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Also berry bushes with thorns by the fence would be nice too :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Top Bottom