Trespassing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    dig a large hole and cover w/ leaves =)

kiddin

you could put a light current thru the fence but that may spark some interest there tho

or plant some really large bushes ( w/ thorns ) on the property

Last edited:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Can't do the dog thing as this is happening in the front yard. I'll see when I get home today if my yard was violated. I fix the fence up everyday, so I can tell if they are still crossing. I think camera, bushes and a little does of the police might cure the problem. It could be kids coming home from school crossing into the next neighbor hood. You how this could turn on me, kid gets bit, kid gets shocked, kid gets broke leg from stepping on hoe = mom and dad suing me!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can't do the dog thing as this is happening in the front yard. I'll see when I get home today if my yard was violated. I fix the fence up everyday, so I can tell if they are still crossing. I think camera, bushes and a little does of the police might cure the problem. It could be kids coming home from school crossing into the next neighbor hood. You how this could turn on me, kid gets bit, kid gets shocked, kid gets broke leg from stepping on hoe = mom and dad suing me!

If you have no trespassing signs and they hit your electric fence or dog then you are covered. If they sue you, countersue for damage to fence.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I think the idea of the "no climb" paint would work well. If they are kids doing it their parents would get sick of them messing up their clothes. Paint the top and about an inch down on both sides, just enough to make it messy. We are having the same problem with a community fence that divides our subdivision with the other, less desirable, subdivision. The kids climb and/or kick down that fence all the time. The neighbor reinforced it well enough that they cant kick it down but they still try. He went out one time and found a kid with an electric drill trying to unscrew the boards. Kids are bold these days.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think the idea of the "no climb" paint would work well. If they are kids doing it their parents would get sick of them messing up their clothes. Paint the top and about an inch down on both sides, just enough to make it messy. We are having the same problem with a community fence that divides our subdivision with the other, less desirable, subdivision. The kids climb and/or kick down that fence all the time. The neighbor reinforced it well enough that they cant kick it down but they still try. He went out one time and found a kid with an electric drill trying to unscrew the boards. Kids are bold these days.

That sounds like a good idea. probably cheaper than an electric fence too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    That sounds like a good idea. probably cheaper than an electric fence too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Yeah, the no climb paint is really messy. Its made with an oil that wont dry out for two to three years, give or take. Try getting that out of your kids clothes and you would be pissed off too. :D

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have used Bougainvillea for the same purpose. It is used in other countries as a cheap was to keep people out of property and looks great! This stuff is WICKED on trespassers!

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    anti_climb_paint_A4P.jpg

Marked_offender_by_touching_anti-climb_paint_coated_down_pipe.jpg

1652084-305641-seamless-illustration-of-black-hand-prints-over-the-white-background.jpg

Just saying......
    :D

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok went home for lunch. Neighbor across the alley said it is some kids getting off of the bus in the other neighborhood and crossing over my fence. She told them to stop, but they just ignored her and did it anyway. I have a description of them. I call the Sheriff's department and I might get someone to come out. Being that they are juveniles I would prefer the police handle it. Guess I'll go home at 2:30 and see what happens good or bad? Mickey, you have a paint ball gun I can use? Just remember it may end up as evidence!:mamoru:

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    Since you are not a carpenter and can't nail in a nail straight. I would put my bad carpentry skills to work and make a top cap with a 2x4 with all of your mistake nails sticking out of the top.:)

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Mickey, you have a paint ball gun I can use? Just remember it may end up as evidence!:mamoru:

Heck, I may take the day off to and come over.
    This sounds like fun !
    Just don't let your brother jade get his hands on the paintball gun, he may try to stick power pro in it and zing the paintballs out at 3k fps.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    had this happen a few years ago. I was younger dumber and more temperamental then, but I let em hop the fence then lit their asses up with a tippman paintball gun. when the parents called i told them about damage to my fence and property and my "video surveillance"- then asked if they'd like to call the police to discuss further.

problem solved. not recommended course of action.

ps: works on dogs just as well.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    had this happen a few years ago. I was younger dumber and more temperamental then, but I let em hop the fence then lit their asses up with a tippman paintball gun. when the parents called i told them about damage to my fence and property and my "video surveillance"- then asked if they'd like to call the police to discuss further.

problem solved. not recommended course of action.

ps: works on dogs just as well.

That is awesome Haha. Did they not do that anymore?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    never again. after a few weeks they'd smile and wave when they walked the long way around the yard. it became one of those "friendly neighbor" scenarios where you wave and never talk.

Sounds pretty perfect to me. We never have a problem with people coming into our yard...but almost 200 pounds worth of dog helps with that Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Top Bottom