Trespassing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Landscaping is the best bet. It is natural and does not scream "sue me" like barbed wire. It can be just as effective while being more subtle.

Holly plants are good but I prefer Yucca aloifolia (a.k.a. Spanish Daggers):

Spanish-Dagger-flowers-pics.jpg

Most nurserys have them or can get them easily. They grow large and require little care after they take and are quite nice looking and even bloom.

In more rural settings brambles and blackberry bushes are also quite useful but they make a yard look unkempt. Still they are useful to restrict access and are very cheap and require no care.

Also you should not overlook the classic rose bushes and bougainvillea bushes which are both nice looking and have wicked thorns.

bougainvillea looks great on fences:
    Bougainvillea%2B%257E%2B03-789805.jpg

But they also have these thorns:
    P1020433.JPG

Of course my favorite is poison ivy. It really does not deny access but if you plant it right where you do not have to mess with it it can leave a 2 week long lesson for trespassers.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    This thread reminds me of an incident a couple of months ago, when my wife and I went on vacation we left our dog (120 pound Mastiff, he is the runt of his litter, next smallest grew to over 150 pounds) with my brother in law, since he has 3 smaller (20-30 pound) dogs. One day his home alarm system went off and the police (Sheriff's Dept) responded as there has been a number of recent break ins in the area. They heard our dog in the back yard barking, and not only did they decide to not go into the back yard to investigate, they waited until my brother in law made it to the house to even look over the fence into the back yard.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    LOL.
    Your idea of cheap is different than mine. I don't consider $900 per month for camp cameras to alert me as cheap. (Unless I'm reading that wrong)

:rofl: Yeah that's wanting to play it safe pretty bad!

Prickly Pear cactus grow fast, and hurt like hell. I wouldn't want to climb a fence with those goodies waiting on the other side. ;)

Top Bottom