Trigger happy much?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    NOW there are many, and I know of one in my family, vets that are 'diagnosed' with PTSD simply because they were in what was considered to be a war zone. Even if they experienced not the slightest trauma... Those I will say are 'self glorified' and they use the diagnosis as an excuse, much like a child who has been 'diagnosed' with ADHD so he/she uses that diagnosis to their advantage.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    For sure. I was just using PTSD as an example since it has been glorified as of late. ANY mental illness that can cause the symptoms previously discussed and agreed on are included in my opinion.

And not all PTSD cause those symptoms. A guy I know was in a small aircraft crash in Florida. He has been diagnosed with PTSD from the incident. It doesnt skew his judgement in any way, but he cannot go any higher than the second floor of a building without having a panic attack from the heights. He would be an example of someone with PTSD who IMO should have unrestricted gun rights.

- - - Updated - - -

We have got to quit typing at the same time.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    For sure. I was just using PTSD as an example since it has been glorified as of late. ANY mental illness that can cause the symptoms previously discussed and agreed on are included in my opinion.

And not all PTSD cause those symptoms. A guy I know was in a small aircraft crash in Florida. He has been diagnosed with PTSD from the incident. It doesnt skew his judgement in any way, but he cannot go any higher than the second floor of a building without having a panic attack from the heights. He would be an example of someone with PTSD who IMO should have unrestricted gun rights.

- - - Updated - - -

We have got to quit typing at the same time.
    Yes, agreed. I can't totally agree with the restriction on all mental illness diagnosis, some should be restricted and some shouldn't. Everyone's mind and situation is different. But, in order to distinguish between the two the government would have to be allowed access to our health records and prescription info, etc. I can't think of a fair, easy solution.
    ETA - for the purpose or 2A restrictions

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Seat belt laws save the other people in the vehicle. Once in an accident and unrestrained, you become 200+/- lbs of flying bone and meat, whipping around uncontrollably in the cab of the vehicle. You have the potential energy multiplied by velocity your body is traveling at time of accident, being whipped around the interior of your vehicle due to the violent force of the car spinning or flipping. You will become a deadly object that can kill or cripple the other law abiding inhabitants of the vehicle.

Also, if you are insurance-less, and fly out of the vehicle and snap your neck, and require hospital treatment, now the state has to pick up the tab on your dubassness.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    But yeah, don't wear seatbelts and display erratic behavior in front of LEOs, that'll help you see the end of a long and fruitful 90 years on Earth.

Also, for those that say 6 shots and was only hit once in the hip have never put another human being in their sights. Combining adrenaline and the dynamics of a person moving, shooting, and calling out commands, with the intended target moving as well and either returning fire or trying to juke/move out of the way of your shots, make it very difficult to put rounds on target.

I love how every Tom, Dick, and Sally become legal and tactical/shooting experts when one bad incident out of hundreds of thousands of incidents, that occur every day, without negative results happens.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    but is that a link of proof that unbelted people injure or kill others or is it a commie video made in some 3rd world country? your link of "proof" does not cover a lone driver.

the state picks up the tab? what does insurance do? i wonder who picks up the tap more. maybe we need a law requiring proof of health insurance before buying fast food, a fatty steak, ect. maybe we need to limit the size of soft drinks. by LAW. law way! more law. maybe that salt tax should pass. more tax. maybe the cops should have authority to check your weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, ect. before your next meal?

whats next? ammo tax health care issue? im sure our next president hilliary has some good ideas to go along with the commie seat belt law.

the 6 shots 1 hit is pretty good compared to many other shootings. i never shot at anyone so i don't know if i would do better. this is why i choose shotgun if possible.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Jesus Christ, you compare a seat belt law with communism? Are you ****ing kidding me? An ejected driver can not maintain control of a vehicle if they aren't behind the steering wheel. Hitting a bump on the road, or an obstruction, and the unrestrained driver hits their head on the roof of the car or is forced out of their driver seat, another hazard to other traffic around the uncontrolled vehicle.

Think outside of the box here. You aren't superman, you can be hurt if you are thrown out of your seat, and then your unmanned vehicle can and will be a dangerous hazard for other drivers.

I've never met so many people that are in favor of this until I saw this thread. ****in Darwinism at work... Two of my best friends in two different accidents would still be alive and not have had their skulls crushed in if they were wearing their seatbelts. They left families behind, friends, and loved ones. How ****ing selfish can you be?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=14125

Here's another Darwin award for you. In seconds, it's all over completely.

How many LEO and Paramedics here have seen that seatbelts have caused more fatalities in car wrecks rather than remaining unbelted?

It's ALWAYS a gotdamned blast cleaning brains and bagging a body after someone has been ejected. I'm sure you know first hand SloppyJoe?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

Here's another one. I'm sure you are a fan of speed limits being the work of communism as well? So let's combine high rates of speed and no seat belts..

Get real man. Think like a responsible adult and not a 16 year old who just got their driver's license.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I don't want to turn this into good shoot vs bad shoot but, even if a masked guy walks into a bank, I or anyone else shouldn't be putting lead into him until we have made valid confirmation that he is an actual threat.
    Same should have gone for the guy following directions by reaching for his ID.

Good point...especially since Halloween is around the corner and maybe if the guy walking into the bank is on his way to a costume party....

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Just found this on wafb's Facebook. I couldn't stop shaking my head in disbelief of how this was handled. Honestly it kind of scares me a bit. What really gets me, he had no real reason to even 'pull him over' in the first place. So this went from, let me **** with this guy for taking his seat belt off too soon, to oh **** I just shot this guy multiple times for no reason. And people wonder why some don't care much for police contact.
    The first person that tries to defend this guy's actions will be held down and tea bagged, because you deserve it.

http://www.wafb.com/story/26621563/...ed-shooting?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

If you don't think failure to wear a seatbelt is a valid reason to pull someone over, I politely ask if you've ever comforted a teenager ejected from a vehicle until an ambulance arrives. If not, I'll loan you my experience- its the longest 3 minutes of your life.

Darting into a vehicle and reaching where you can't be seen is quite possibly the best way to see what model the leo's firearm of choice is. This one didn't pan out well, but I can sure link you a few dozen that did.

edit. nevermind, its been done.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    We all have laws we disagree with. Blow jobs are illegal. So is anal sex. Do I agree with that law? No. Do I go whining to people who havte no control over changing that law? nope.

I see no issue in discussing it with people who have administrative discretion in enforcing such law.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    seat belt or no seat belt, high speed is dangerous for everyone. still, has an unbelted person ever harmed others? do bullets harm others? by this commie logic we need to ban gun/ammo. just ask deputy derp. im sure he wouldn't mind. and wasn't it nice how police didn't help shop owners during the riots in ferguson.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Wow. You really are linking an unbelted driver and gun control?

You are truly a special individual.

A firearm requires an individual to pull the trigger, while a moving vehicle requires an individual to steer it in the proper lanes... unbelted driver, knocked from their seat or hitting a curb, or being knocked unconscious due to not being strapped in, and you have a very grave, very real, serious situation - making a extremely dangerous situation for other drivers. It's like choosing to text and drive, or do your make up while driving. All terrible, terrible risks that put others in harm's way due to your shitty life choices.

I'm sure you tell your children before they take the family car to not buckle up? Right? Great job Dad, keep it up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom