trigger upgrade looking for input

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjchamp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    prairieville, la
    Right now just thinking about upgrading my trigger and wanted opinions, I understand lots of people are shooting glocks with the parts that came with them, I’m not most people I tend to upgrade anything I own cars motorcycles even guns, yes I know range time helps, but what’s wrong with wanting a smoother crisper trigger, and I was also curious if they had a binary trigger for Glocks much like the bfs3, which I had a feeling they didn’t and was confirmed for me in my thread, if there was a binary trigger I would have possibly got one for one of my Glocks, in my personal opinion it would have made the gun that much more fun to shoot, wouldn’t be practical for edc which at that point I would have been ok with

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    There's a guy in Lafayette, D. Sonnier, who's been doing triggers for 58 years. He's done 4 different triggers for me, and all are excellent. Having said that, I don't own a glock, but he claims he can do just as good with a Glock as he did my 1911 or my Smith revolver.

He generally charges 60 just to smooth out the internals and such. He told me he can swap out some parts on a Glock and make it awesome, or whatever you call it on a Glock. He said that service costs a total of $80. Dont quote me on prices though.

You, or anyone else, can call him and ask. He's a really nice guy, but you can tell he likes guns way more than people.

D. Sonnier (337) 288-5131

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There's a guy in Lafayette, D. Sonnier, who's been doing triggers for 58 years. He's done 4 different triggers for me, and all are excellent. Having said that, I don't own a glock, but he claims he can do just as good with a Glock as he did my 1911 or my Smith revolver.

He generally charges 60 just to smooth out the internals and such. He told me he can swap out some parts on a Glock and make it awesome, or whatever you call it on a Glock. He said that service costs a total of $80. Dont quote me on prices though.

You, or anyone else, can call him and ask. He's a really nice guy, but you can tell he likes guns way more than people.

Since you do not own a Glock and are not speaking from experience No Glock trigger will ever be like a tuned 1911 trigger.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

No one can make a Glock trigger feel like a SAO 1911 without making dangerous modifications.

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Agreed, Leadslinger. I haven't shot a Glock in probably 8 years on account of their triggers. I still think it's worth calling D, so long as he's not to busy when I bring him my next pistol.

Top Bottom