trigger work on remington 700

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremyschudmak

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    New orleans
    looking for recomondations for a good trigger guy for my remington 700. great gun i just hate the trigger. I am looking in the new orleans and surrounding area.
    thanks

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    They are not that hard to work on; however, the best solution is to buy a Jewell. It takes about 5 minutes to change and it is one of the best triggers you can have.

Dan

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I charge $25 to adjust Remington triggers. Like Dan said, they aren't that hard to work on (especially the x-mark) but it really is polishing a turd. SOME of the old triggers can be adjusted down pretty light and work well, but some just won't take. It becomes a craps shoot. The Jewel is a great trigger, but if it's on a rifle that may get dirty at all in it's use I'd recommend spending a little less money and getting a Rifle Basix. It works similar to the stock trigger in that it will perform in conditions that lock up a Jewel but is still light years ahead of the stock unit.

shamrock

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Kenner
    trigger job

You are better letting an experianced gunsmith work on your 700 trigger if you have no experiance with them. There have been some issues with the 700 triggers that have been improperly adjusted. The other solution is to take Ritten's advice and get another trigger installed.

jeremyschudmak

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    New orleans
    thanks for the input.
    is installing a new trigger something i can do at home, or should i bring to someone. I am pretty handy, but don't mind spending the extra dough for safety.

Top Bottom