Trip .41's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Recieved my latest .41 magnum Friday. Took the little family to the range today. Used a load of a 215gr Keith bullet, CCI LP primer, 15.5 gr of 2400, and a heavy crimp.
    Left gun is a Ruger Redhawk 5 1/2". It has a goldbead front sight and shallow vee rear of unknown make. It shot the worst. Even with me resting my elbows on the table, it tended to string the shots down. A trip to the 'smith to have some serious trigger work done is in order. I also plan to change the sights out to a stock rear with a red ramp front.
    Middle child is a brandy new in the box Mdl 57 Mountain Gun. It shot well is I gave it serious concentration. A trip to the 'smith for a trigger job is in its future and have the front sight changed to a red ramp.
    Right hand gun is my Blackhawk 4 5/8" that I've had for close to 7 years. Besides some yellow paint on the front sight and a trigger job, she's all stock. This gun makes me Deadeye Dick. I can touch a cylinder full at 25' and keep'em all within 2" at 50'. Better if I do my part. It's a shooting little gun that I have taken 2 swamp goats with. It stays on my side all thru deer season and when scouting in case we run across Mr. Pig.
    Hope ya'll enjoy them.
    41sJPG.jpg

shootin.jpg

Wife #1 shooting the Mdl 28 with some pop gun .38 loads. She shoots well enough to keep me concerned.
    shana.jpg

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    swamp goat = Virginia Whitetail Deer. I hunt in da swamp and deers have feets like a goat, therefore we refer to them as "swamp goats". duh........
    Donnie, I'll take them reloads. I have a bullet puller now. I'm also gonna need some more .38's and .41's. I ran thru 100 rounds of each yesterday.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I want a .41 so bad. I have a .357 and a .44 and I feel the need to complete the set.

I saw a S&W 657 at Hebert guns a while back with a 7.5 inch barrel and a non-fluted cylinder. It made my mouth water. I have a thing for long barrels. I saw a 10" 686 at a gun show one time, and if I had had any money with me it would have become mine. Probably good that I was broke, otherwise I would have made one of those "irresponsible financial decisions." I already own a 686 and I doubt my girlfriend would understand why I need more than one just because of a 4" difference in the barrel.

My theory is the longer barrel you have, the shorter the distance you have to shoot! May as well close as much of the gap between you and the target with barrel!

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    swamp goat = Virginia Whitetail Deer. I hunt in da swamp and deers have feets like a goat, therefore we refer to them as "swamp goats". duh........
    Donnie, I'll take them reloads. I have a bullet puller now. I'm also gonna need some more .38's and .41's. I ran thru 100 rounds of each yesterday.

oh ok, I tjhought you was referring to a nutralope. You know one dem nutria's with goat horns. A second cousin to a jackalope--jack rabbit with goat horns.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I want a .41 so bad. I have a .357 and a .44 and I feel the need to complete the set.

I saw a S&W 657 at Hebert guns a while back with a 7.5 inch barrel and a non-fluted cylinder. It made my mouth water. I have a thing for long barrels. I saw a 10" 686 at a gun show one time, and if I had had any money with me it would have become mine. Probably good that I was broke, otherwise I would have made one of those "irresponsible financial decisions." I already own a 686 and I doubt my girlfriend would understand why I need more than one just because of a 4" difference in the barrel.

My theory is the longer barrel you have, the shorter the distance you have to shoot! May as well close as much of the gap between you and the target with barrel!

I bought that 657 from CJ a couple of months ago and it is really a sweet shooter. The little gal that sold it to me said so many people had said they wanted it, but I was the only one willing to put up the cash.

Getting ammo for it is a bit of a problem. I'd take up reloading, but we are planning to move and I don't really have a place to do it here.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Damn, I'm sure that's probably the same one I was salivating over last fall.

I already reload, so I don't even pause for a moment when considering a gun with an obscure caliber. For me, that just makes it all the more desirable.

I mean, my carry gun is .357 SIG, just because it was the most uncommon cartridge available in the guns I was considering. Also, it just seems like a bad ass round, and the number "357" has some kind of magic to it.

Top Bottom