Trip Downtown

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    So my GF works for a detox center in BR so I volunteered to go take pictures downtown for their website. Object was to obtain homeless people photos and their living areas. This is what I found....

Old Pier - Sleeping area
    pm1w52c6k0nv6g2sqrpe.jpg

Outside area, NICE VIEW:
    g9rf1qjjf2udr3veyvi.jpg

Old CapitOl ... someone correct me if I'm wrongl: <--fixed HA!
    wnixyxczznx7nr6mwbf.jpg

Drug deal, happening right infront of us...read the graffiti
    dkm1key1oqwo2mu4fo2.jpg

I actually talked to this guy and his friend for a few minutes. They are actually Vietnam War Vets:
    84qdrts8o6jdxzlpkq4.jpg

Then we have Crazy eyes...oh yes ENJOY!!
    mh3vh6yxh2rlg1pw0hh7.jpg

I have a ton more, but I thought these were interesting.

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    man thats a fine piece of crazy eyes lol

man the graffiti is so ironic.

nice pics bud! what camera are you shooting with?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Not to be a critique, but I am not sure anything you posted really screams homeless or drug deal. You posted a pic of the empty abandonded docks, some guys hanging out, and a woman chillin against a wall. What is this supposed to represent?

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Not to be a critique, but I am not sure anything you posted really screams homeless or drug deal. You posted a pic of the empty abandonded docks, some guys hanging out, and a woman chillin against a wall. What is this supposed to represent?

The ones I posted here are just randoms of my trip, I took over 100 photos.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    :)Nice pics.

1. Now just tell me you had something with you other than your camera.
    2. Stay out of the areas that immediately surround DT BR.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Nice pics, that dock would be a cool place to shoot some car pics, can it be accessed by a car? And I think those will be some good photos for your girls website.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    You missed the good spots. Go along the riverbank under the Mississippi River Bridge, there is often a "shantytown" under there, when the river is not too high. Mostly matressess and tarps. Also try under any of the Interstate ramps, there is a little shelf where they sleep.

Also, go to 2600 Florida at the VOA drop in center, they will be out front hanging out all day from 8am till 5 pm.

BTW, that was not a drug deal, those are users if those guys got any dope, It doesnt last 15 ft before its smoked. They'd never make it to the Kid.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Definately different view from what I'm used too. Its not often we go to the city. I'm not used to seeing people just hanging out like that an graffiti everywhere. Makes me really appreciate my country life. Thanks for sharing them.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    :)Nice pics.

1. Now just tell me you had something with you other than your camera.
    2. Stay out of the areas that immediately surround DT BR.

Well if you must know, I had my G26 with a +2 in a IWB. I pulled my shirt behind it in sketchy places.* Like on the pier when a few “characters” walked up there a few minutes after we were there.* (they got the hint really quick when they saw it).* With a spare G17 mag on my left hip both full of Gold Dot 115gr HPJ with the G17 having the first two rounds as FMJ’s just in case.
    As for driving a car on to the pier, it’s actually gated so you can’t.* But I wouldn’t anyways because the walk way is rusted over with holes and a car’s weight wouldn’t handle it.
    We are actually going to go back out and get some more.* I’ll definitely try those other places.* This was actually my first time on the levee since being in BR.* Don’t venture downtown very much, I too enjoy my country setting.* But it’s interesting to see the “other side” sometimes.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well if you must know, I had my G26 with a +2 in a IWB. I pulled my shirt behind it in sketchy places.* Like on the pier when a few “characters” walked up there a few minutes after we were there.* (they got the hint really quick when they saw it).* With a spare G17 mag on my left hip both full of Gold Dot 115gr HPJ with the G17 having the first two rounds as FMJ’s just in case.

Awesome....Definitely pays to be cautious.:thumbsup:

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007

I don't think he was presenting himself as a professional photographer but what he wished to convey came across. I would like to see some close ups of the art work on the old warehouse walls. When Bana2LA makes a return trip I bet his images will come back a lot stronger and I applaud his efforts.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I don't think he was presenting himself as a professional photographer but what he wished to convey came across. I would like to see some close ups of the art work on the old warehouse walls. When Bana2LA makes a return trip I bet his images will come back a lot stronger and I applaud his efforts.

Thanks! But I see aroundlsu's point as well. If to just look at them you wouldn't get that but because they will be tagged along with content/written content they will be conveyed.

I'll get some more soon but I got alot of the dock, I like grafitti so I'll clean some of them up and post them on photo bucket.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I love that old pier, and sometimes I go down there just to sit and think and talk with people. I've never had to carry a gun down there though. For a car, no, you cannot get one back there unless you airlift it over to the concrete platform. The walkway over is aged old rusted iron, and i've seen people put a foot in the wrong place and dust off a new hole.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    OK.....is it just me or....

How come no one has said anything about the magazine that dude is reading?? The fifth picture.....What's on the page under the one he's "reading"??

Top Bottom