Troy Industries hires Dale Monroe as training consultant- catches flak

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dale Monroe, one of the FBI HRT snipers at the Ruby Ridge murders, has been hired by Troy as an instructor. They're obviously catching some **** over this.

We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation.

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

After receiving some commentary on the above post, this post later came:

The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene.

Tragedy lies in the fact that the shot intended for Kevin Harris reached its target, but also struck Vicki Weaver, positioned out of sight, behind a door. For the past 20 years, Mr. Monroe has shared his experiences across the country through many presentations and a television appearance. During these presentations, he explained the mistakes which led up to the tragedy and the valuable lessons learned from the event. While nothing can change what happened that day, Dale's firsthand account imparts valuable tools to our nation’s law enforcement. I'm confident that his experience at that incident taught him more than the other countless successful missions he completed as an FBI HRT Operator.

It's easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother's life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man.

As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge. We are proud to have him on our team.

-Steve Troy
    https://www.facebook.com/TroyIndustriesUSA

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    ..and here I figured /someone/ would weigh in with some sort of for/against/whocares opinion. I guess the silence means the latter-most is the consensus, lol.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I posted a lengthy reply on M4C but can't find it. I'm pretty much in the don't care department. If the guy was hired in a job that affected their weapons and accessories production, I can see the conflict of interest. But as an instructor for Troy's training company, which only trains LE and military anyway, I don't see what the big deal is.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I posted a lengthy reply on M4C but can't find it. I'm pretty much in the don't care department. If the guy was hired in a job that affected their weapons and accessories production, I can see the conflict of interest. But as an instructor for Troy's training company, which only trains LE and military anyway, I don't see what the big deal is.
    I never did sign up for m4c, despite using it for resources/information a lot. I'm curious what conflict would there be for products as opposed to training. Simply because you won't ever be training with them? Is the money completely separate, which is why you're ok buying products but not training? /socratic

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I never did sign up for m4c, despite using it for resources/information a lot. I'm curious what conflict would there be for products as opposed to training. Simply because you won't ever be training with them? Is the money completely separate, which is why you're ok buying products but not training? /socratic

Generally speaking, much like my choice in coffee, I want the best I can buy and don't involve politics in my coffee, or weapon/accessory choices. Troy makes fantastic products, and when it comes to weapons my life may depend on someday, I'm not gonna sell myself short because of who a company chooses to hire. I'd bet you could look at just about any company we all support on a regular basis (Walmart, etc) and find some people on their payroll with wicked **** in their past or conflicting politics.

Speaking of Troy specifically, I just don't see the issue/threat. If they hired Nancy Pelosi to head up their product development and marketing, I could see an issue, as their is an obvious conflict of interest. As a firm that only trains mil and LE, my only concern would be that they have the best instructors available, which I hope is the case. I understand the weight of the Ruby Ridge incident, and a lot went wrong, and a lot of questionable actions were taken. But from what I understand I didn't think he created the rules of engagement, had any control over the FUBAR'd intel, or took the shot? Should simply being there really be enough to prevent Troy from hiring him, assuming he's an asset to their training company?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ..and here I figured /someone/ would weigh in with some sort of for/against/whocares opinion. I guess the silence means the latter-most is the consensus, lol.

I knew it was killing you that no one jumped on it. This is clearly a case where the free market will decide if this was a dumb move or not. So many people have forgotten Ruby Ridge or didn't even hear of it, it most likely won't matter.

I will tell you what is worse than this is when Nike was forced to accept John Thompson as some sort of paid consultant because he was black. It like RR is probably forgotten by most. But it started the ball rolling on the Jessie Jackson / Al Sharpton corporation extortion tours!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I knew it was killing you that no one jumped on it. This is clearly a case where the free market will decide if this was a dumb move or not. So many people have forgotten Ruby Ridge or didn't even hear of it, it most likely won't matter.

I will tell you what is worse than this is when Nike was forced to accept John Thompson as some sort of paid consultant because he was black. It like RR is probably forgotten by most. But it started the ball rolling on the Jessie Jackson / Al Sharpton corporation extortion tours!
    I was surprised when I worked for a gun manufacturer that I had to explain what Ruby Ridge was to some of my coworkers. Some were younger guys, some were women not really into guns before they worked there. I just figured anyone 'into' guns would have known of it. Not because it's some necessary thing to be into guns or gun rights, but because it is so popularly invoked in places that talk about guns. I would say it's mentioned less and less as time goes on, though, now that you mention it. Usually when I bring up with the situation was I get some sort of "Never heard of it" or "Oh, yea, I think I remember hearing about that" - I think it was about 50/50 between that and Waco's famous incident on which was less-remembered. And it was -rare- if anyone ever remembered Lon Huriochi (or however you spell his name) but remembering people's names is harder.

Personally I'd just as soon distance myself from people who committed those such murders and botched **** up, and those who supported/defended the perpetrators of that ****.

I also do not accept the "just following orders".

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I feel the "J-Fled" Weis hiring was a bigger "dumbass" moment for Troy than Dale Monroe.

Weis is/was rabidly anti-gun as recent as 2011, as Supt. of the Chicago Police Dept.

As far as Monroe goes, I wasn't there, I don't know what he was part and parcel to. He may be the devil incarnate, but if he has experience in the field in which they hired him then he could potentially be an asset to their training division.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was surprised when I worked for a gun manufacturer that I had to explain what Ruby Ridge was to some of my coworkers. Some were younger guys, some were women not really into guns before they worked there. I just figured anyone 'into' guns would have known of it. Not because it's some necessary thing to be into guns or gun rights, but because it is so popularly invoked in places that talk about guns. I would say it's mentioned less and less as time goes on, though, now that you mention it. Usually when I bring up with the situation was I get some sort of "Never heard of it" or "Oh, yea, I think I remember hearing about that" - I think it was about 50/50 between that and Waco's famous incident on which was less-remembered. And it was -rare- if anyone ever remembered Lon Huriochi (or however you spell his name) but remembering people's names is harder.

Personally I'd just as soon distance myself from people who committed those such murders and botched **** up, and those who supported/defended the perpetrators of that ****.

I also do not accept the "just following orders".

Anyone over 20 that doesn't know about Waco, is more scary to me! Waco was off the scale!

But, I bet they know who won video of the year last night on Mtv. :doh:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I feel the "J-Fled" Weis hiring was a bigger "dumbass" moment for Troy than Dale Monroe.

Weis is/was rabidly anti-gun as recent as 2011, as Supt. of the Chicago Police Dept.

As far as Monroe goes, I wasn't there, I don't know what he was part and parcel to. He may be the devil incarnate, but if he has experience in the field in which they hired him then he could potentially be an asset to their training division.

This is pretty much how I feel. I think that with enough time we could find someone on every large gun manufacturer's payroll we didn't like.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I bet Dale gives a hell of a class on high risk event planning for law enforcement. His experience and sharing what went wrong to other members of law enforcement would be very interesting.

If he was teaching that I would be all in to take a class on it.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Also, all of you disgusted with Troy Industries guys can sell me your Troy rifles for $100 each.

PM me so we can work out the details. I may even pay $150.

JR1572

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Also, all of you disgusted with Troy Industries guys can sell me your Troy rifles for $100 each.

PM me so we can work out the details. I may even pay $150.

JR1572

Same deal here, I could use a couple more Troy Alpha rails and BUIS sets.

I would just give them to me though, to take money for them would be a disgrace on your part.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Same deal here, I could use a couple more Troy Alpha rails and BUIS sets.

I would just give them to me though, to take money for them would be a disgrace on your part.

You're admin here. They will be giving you free Troy stuff along with their first born.

JR1572

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Whatever these guys offer for Troy gear I will pay $5.00 more.

If we had a $1.00 for every place/company on here that is being boycotted by a member here we would be rich.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom