True Story: They Wanted To Rob Me - Me And My Glock Said No!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Re-read the OP. The female left after she opened the door and the two males walked in.

What I mean is if he is pointing his pistol at someone and you're life is no longer in immediate danger, but the bad guy is non-compliant, you cannot just shoot them. Time to move on to plan B. You're in a hotel room so you cannot run away. What do you do? What does your physical ability allow you to do? That's what I'm getting at.

JR1572

What options are there? No way I would put my gun down with two guys there. This is my biggest fear of carrying, it's either leave the scene (if possible) or life must be threatened..no in between. Even if it's one guy who insists on coming after you. I sure don't want to fight with a gun on my hip, and take the chance of getting getting it taken. Do you pull it and hope he just retreats? What if he tests you and comes after you, unarmed? Would like others advice on this.

Yet in the real world, all these things you discuss are real possibilities. There is a lot of in between running and shooting someone. Lest you be charged with a homicide. Just bc you say your life is threatened doesn't make it so.

But im just a prick, what do I know?

(Bold highlights my own)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, . . . as if I thought you might be too bashful.

Now, I know this took place in Mississippi. I do not know the laws in Mississippi. I am commenting on the laws in Louisiana.

Do we have a duty to retreat? Is a hotel room a domicile? Can uninvited people, who force entry into your domicile, (or are in the process of attempting forced entry), be shot?

Basically, I'm asking if the OP had discharged a couple of rounds into the vital organs of each of these bad actors, would he have been legally justified, irregardless of his fears?

I know I can't run. I've got too much hardware in my right foot to even hobble quickly. I've never been good at hand to hand combat, so I would definitely fear bodily harm, especially with two of them in the room.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    (Bold highlights my own)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, . . . as if I thought you might be too bashful.

Now, I know this took place in Mississippi. I do not know the laws in Mississippi. I am commenting on the laws in Louisiana.

Do we have a duty to retreat? Is a hotel room a domicile? Can uninvited people, who force entry into your domicile, (or are in the process of attempting forced entry), be shot?

Basically, I'm asking if the OP had discharged a couple of rounds into the vital organs of each of these bad actors, would he have been legally justified, irregardless of his fears?

I know I can't run. I've got too much hardware in my right foot to even hobble quickly. I've never been good at hand to hand combat, so I would definitely fear bodily harm, especially with two of them in the room.

The invited guest opened the door and let them in. The guys then refused to leave.

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The invited guest opened the door and let them in. The guys then refused to leave.

JR1572

That's what's called a monkey wrench out in the real world. There isn't a checklist of things that have to happen before you can shoot someone. Each unique situation is judged on the totality of the circumstances.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    That's what's called a monkey wrench out in the real world. There isn't a checklist of things that have to happen before you can shoot someone. Each unique situation is judged on the totality of the circumstances.

Let me add another wrinkle in the story:

What would have happened if the two guys and girl ran off after the incident and called the police telling them that they (the 2 guys) saw their friend go to a hotel room of some unknown guy and they went there to check on her welfare when the guy pulled a pistol on them?

That would have turned this into something really interesting.

JR1572

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

So lets say the two "guests" (not including the lovely lady that left the room) decided to approach more in defiance of verbal commands? Could he then open fire? What if they verbally intimidated/threatened him?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom