Trying To Decide On Next Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    The title was going to say trying to decide on my last rifle but we all know how that goes.

So I am trying to decide on my next rifle, I don't want to buy or build another plain jane AR-15, I own one AK. Just got a PSA Jakl. Looking at one of the below. Which is more rare/unique and would be more of a collectible years down the line or go up in value and which is just plain cooler?

Im looking at:

1) IWI Carmel (these look really good)
    2) Springfield Hellion (like what Ive seen on these but I really need to hold one first to see how I like bullpups)
    3) Robinson XCR
    4) Sig 556 (really like these for some reason)
    5) tavor X95

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hated my Tavor and sold it. Bull pups are not my favorite cup of tea. They just don’t feel right and the triggers all suck, inherently of course, due to the linkage requirement. The only exception for me is the Steyr Aug. I did the trigger job on mine and it’s definitely a more friendly bullpup.
    That being said, the hellion likely wouldn’t make the cut for me, but I haven’t touched one. Someone mentioned the CZ Bren 2 MS. That’s a fine rifle. I have touched that one and I almost couldn’t put it down.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Already sent my Carmel back for recall and they adjusted my stock so I don’t have to slam it open. It’s a great suppressor host. So many choices. Imports are top of my list. I have enough mil spec toys. Just which ones???

new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    I saw a video on the Bren MS 2 by Nutinfancy basically it fell apart when shot. Made me not want to even consider it, the reason I didn't add it to this list.

I agree on imports. Wait is the Robinson an import?

2tix2gunshow

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    LMT defense monolithic rail platforms have served me well. I like swapping out barrels and also that the scope theoretically stays well zeroed.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I always favored the Aug for bullpups but it's only due to them being in a lot of video games I've played. I heard their triggers aren't the best so my vote is the Tavor.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I own 4 of the 5 you listed

1) IWI Carmel (these look really good)
    3) Robinson XCR
    4) Sig 556 (really like these for some reason)
    5) tavor X95

The sig 556 is likely the best out of these, design wise. It really is an ak, but an ak if it was perfected by the swiss. It is simple, well made and does not have any superfluous bits. It is an older design, but holds up well.

I do like the xcr, if you want a ak/ar hybrid with the best of both it is a great choice. Build quality is high and it is quite modular for calibers and barrel lengths, etc.

the x95 is a noticeable upgrade from the sar 21, as far as ergos and the forward mag release. I would say it is the best bet if you want a bullpup, I have a few other bullpups and the x95 really seems to be the most dialed in. Plus it is a military design, so it has had some real world testing.

I have a carmel, but have not shot it yet. It is a bit new to have any sort of track record. I like it, but time will tell if it is good or not.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Already sent my Carmel back for recall and they adjusted my stock so I don’t have to slam it open. It’s a great suppressor host. So many choices. Imports are top of my list. I have enough mil spec toys. Just which ones???
    Mine has a difficult to latch open stock. Was there a specific recall on this? Or something else?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom