trying to decide on which bushmaster AR15 i want

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Considering you can't get a POS rifle for under $1500 right now, I'd say it's worth staying up late to get a DD right now too. You won't be disappointed.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Considering you can't get a POS rifle for under $1500 right now, I'd say it's worth staying up late to get a DD right now too. You won't be disappointed.

This.

No offense OP, but you could not have picked a worse time to buy an AR. If you think you're gonna find something for $800-1000 it's just not gonna happen in the current panic market.

Your options are spending more on a DD (they are the only company who was prepared and still producing rifles in a decent timeframe, and luckily are among the best money can buy) or waiting it out. If you're lucky, in a couple months the whole ban thing will fall apart and there will be a plethora of ARs being dumped back onto the market. If you're not lucky and somehow the ban goes through, you're SOL.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I will get the DD. I learned with other hobbies, you do it once and you do it right. I'm going to spend some time on DD's site and read on the different options. Time for some good ole google and other forum's search features. Not even sure which i want .223 or the nato rounds.

Thanks gentlemen!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I will get the DD. I learned with other hobbies, you do it once and you do it right. I'm going to spend some time on DD's site and read on the different options. Time for some good ole google and other forum's search features. Not even sure which i want .223 or the nato rounds.

Thanks gentlemen!

A 5.56 chambered rifle can fire 223. 223 is cheaper if you're not after the best accuracy possible.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Looks like 5.56 is a no brainer then.

I got only to the make a complete rifle section then it was offline. I was too late, i was out of town and got home late. I will try again tomorrow or next weekend.

Last edited:

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    good luck that site gets lagged and sold out so fast its crazy. the word is out that DD is building and taking orders so I bet the demand INCREASES everyday.

Buts as said above you picked the WORST time in recent history to try and buy an AR. LOL!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    This would have been good advice a few weeks ago but parts are even hard to come by now.

Yeah. Stripped spikes calico jack went for 400 on GB yesterday. I picked up a mega forged for $285 shipped, but I have a hunch that the seller is pissed it didn't go for more and may try to F me over even though that is double the regular price...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting you try and buy parts to do a build. It will end up costing way too much. And in the end you'll likely just decide you want a DD. I'm building an SBR with their MK18 upper.

I was just pointing out how inflated the prices have gotten for those wanting to build it themselves.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Ughhh...

I made it all the way to the cart on my build. Only there was 2 uppers, 3 barrels, 2 BCG's, etc, etc in there and my total came to $6800..... Also, it says that once an order is placed, there can be no changes or refunds. Lol. No thanks

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    i'm in the process of paying....

edit*
    Oh and that 1400-1500 esitment you gave Sugarbug.....i went a little over that :owned:

Thank you all!!

edit with build:
    Semi-auto DDM4 Complete Lower Receiver Group (With Geissele SSA

A4 Upper Receiver, Assembly

14.5" 5.56mm Lightweight Mid-length CHF Barrel - w/LPGB

Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device, Extended Assy, 1/2-28 (.223 /5.56mm)

Custom Gunsmithing

Complete Bolt Carrier Group (5.56mm)

Omega X Rail 9"

Fixed Front/Rear Sight Combo

Charging Handle Assembly

Gas Tube Assembly

edit again: My card got charged and money is gone. So it looks like it all went through. Now the loooong wait on for me to receive the rifle. I will have Houma Auto Parts get it since they do transfers and are local. Daniel Defense had a blank box to say who to contact and i put their name. I am unsure if they will handle it all with Houma Auto Parts.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Should. But not 100%

They will ship I hard plastic case, but not sure on mag. I bought a v7 from rifle works.com and it came with a mag. Pretty sure DD does that

Last edited:

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Is there any strategy to get 500 or 1000 rounds of ammo from cheaper than dirt? I'd like to buy in bulk to save. Of course it's all sold out. Do I just have to get lucky at a local gun or sporting goods store ?

Top Bottom