Trying to find out if I can Legally own a gun.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No, sadly I don't, that's why I cam here, I know nothing about lawyers as I never saw a need for one.
    I tagged someone in my previous post and was asking him if he knew of anyone. The guy I tagged is a gun trust lawyer in Baton Rouge and may know some lawyers in the Gonzales area who may be able to help you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2024
    Gonzales, LA
    Oh w
    I tagged someone in my previous post and was asking him if he knew of anyone. The guy I tagged is a gun trust lawyer in Baton Rouge and may know some lawyers in the Gonzales area who may be able to help you.
    ow, that would be amazing thank you so much, I want to do this a safe and legal as possible, thank you deeply.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2024
    Gonzales, LA
    So far I have tried 11 different law offices, most are busy, while others didn't answer, I'm starting to wonder where else to go, I left messages on 8 of the offices i called, 4 i called yesterday haven't returned calls, 3 the day before haven't returned calls, 4 today i called upon open time, haven't returned call, They must be really busy lol.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yea when my father dies and he ain't got long, I moved in with him to help him out, his guns go to my sister and I will be alone, so I wanted something for fun and home defense but 9 mills and 45 like what my father has are way too loud and powerful, I just want my naboo blaster aka Rugar Mk2 stainless edition with it's kiddy rounds aka 22 long rifle rounds and that will do nicely, lol. I'd ask father but he doesn't like talking about guns with me too much
    Your mention of the Naboo blaster tells me that you are a Star Wars fan in addition to being an anime fan. Your father's belief that you are not mature enough to own a Ruger .22 target pistol for range use based on your anime cosplay hobby is invalid.
    I personally know police officers, military veterans, members of the military, and civilian gun owners who cosplay Star Wars, Star Trek, anime, and several other franchises. They cosplay at conventions, special events, and march in parades like Krewe of Tucks.
    I'm certain your father finds the cosplay hobby to be weird, but he is simply wrong about using it as a basis to deny you a recreational firearm.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My question is, is it cool for me to buy me one of those cool naboo blaster looking Rugar Mk3s that is a 22 to shoot at my friends so I don't have to keep shooting his super loud big guns?
    The legality of your owning a firearm aside, have you considered asking your close friend to purchase the Ruger, keep it in his safe, and allow you to shoot it with him under his supervision?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hello everyone : ) - My name is Derek, I live in Gonzales Louisiana. So I am trying to better understand louisiana's gun laws as their kinda hard for me to understand. But, mostly I am trying to figure out if I can ever legaly own a gun in the first place.
    Do you have a driver's license and are you legally allowed to drive a vehicle by yourself?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Welcome.
    As I read this , I see you are very literal in your statements and intent.
    Please understand that in the diagnostic process that mental defect Is the words used in the DSM 5 to describe someone who cannot take care of themselves.
    The fact you live alone and no one has any control over your choices you make says a lot .
    Take this for feedback only.
    When discussing this topic with others who may be in the position to make judgements about your abilities to own a gun, using the proper terms instead of naboo blaster may help in them believing you to be mature enough to take your questions seriously.

As someone who had friends on the spectrum, they also complain of guns being too loud, may I suggest wearing good foam ear plugs and hearing protection while at any place where you may encounter gun firing.

Again. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you seek

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Okay maybe I'm missing something here. If he goes to buy the gun, fills out the 4473 with truthful answers and passes the back ground check. Then wouldnt that mean he is legal?
    Not 100% I have seen atf come and get guns from the approved after the background check goes further and finds more info out.. have a close friend who’s ffl and this happens more than you think

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    People have attempted, numerous times, to pass through legislation that would make it illegal to buy/own a firearm if a person has ADHD or if they are Autism Spectrum, and they have attempted to make it a Red Flag, but as far as I know they have not done so.

Your father's concern should be viewed with intentional empathy. He has probably seen you at your worst and seen the worst aspects of your temper, and sometimes it takes people closer to you longer to see your positive changes because of closeness. Sometimes, when I shave, it will take my family a day or two to notice, and that can be from a full beard to a clean face, even though they see me every day. There is something about the close proximity that can hinder a person's view.

I do not know whether you can or should own a firearm. As long as you never harm another person outside of defense of self/neighbor/nation, I hope you can.

Your dad is likely terrified that you would brandish the firearm, innocently enjoying a costume or otherwise, and that you'd get yourself killed.

Fathers may not show absolute love to their sons, but there is no father alive who wants to outlive their children, especially their sons.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Hmmm…stay clear.

Attachments

• IMG_5086.jpeg
      IMG_5086.jpeg
      124.7 KB · Views: 11
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2024
    Gonzales, LA
    Ok so I'm legal, I can get one according toy father and sister who both know the process and so on, now, I just need to get or find a stainless silencer for it, and to those asking why I need or want a silencer, umm, because as an autistic guy I don't like loud sounds and this will help make the boom boom boom more like a pew pew pew, lol and it looks cool AF, MANDO BLASTER! My budget is $1300 and the best part it's legal AF in my state

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom