TSA arrests for 4th amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Awesome? The guy is a freakin' idiot. All he did was cause himself grief.

I'm all about fighting for your rights... but this sort of thing is NOT going to change anything. A true patriot will wait until his "rebellion" will accomplish something worthwhile, something that can catalyze change.

This dipshit is just a drama queen/attention whore.

The rest of you, please spare me the tired old rhetoric. I've heard it all before. There's a time to plant your flag and fight, and a time to roll over a be "a good citizen". Sure, if everybody would do this, it would indeed make a difference. But you can bet the grocery money that the main emotion being directed toward this guy by his fellow travelers was annoyance. Things haven't gotten bad enough yet to galvanize the sheeple (some of whom will NEVER resist).

Rant off. Nomex on. :D

You know, after I posted this I started surfing the rest of the website. Alarm bells have started going off but I don't know if he was an idiot. I think the TSA is one of those that needs to have it's boat rocked at every opportunity. He's going to suffer for it. But if this goes viral, maybe it's just one more straw on the camel's back.

No need for nomex. :)

Last edited:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    well if you read the article. The protagonist was a female. The rest of the website may be full of junk (honestly haven't investigated it) but that article was well written and had some valid points, even if it was a dumb way to make a stand. Seriously you can't read the constitution while getting security screened?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been fortunate enough to only have to fly on Helos the past few years, and it's been since before 9/11 that I've flown on a commercial airplane. I have yet to deal with the issues.

Now there was one day when I was leaving the heliport on the way to my car a few years ago that I was stopped by some guy who claimed to be a customs official and he had "declaration" forms for anything I may have brought back into the country. Needless to say, I put false information so I could be on my way.

I just hope we can one day get a few people in the right places with an ounce of backbone to put an end to all this crap, and I'm not just talking about the TSA

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    It was a good read... I don't think it was the best idea in the world but sometimes you gotta stand up for what you beleive in. She shouldn't have accepted the charge though (although I'm not sure if she actually admitted guilt)... but I guess she was going to be charged with something either way.

The thing about those scanners is... they don't have them everywhere, and I'm sure you can avoid going through them... so what's the point? Yeah it makes it more difficult, but.. if someone wants to commit an act of terrorism, don't you think they would plan around that??? When we left for our honeymoon we had to go through security in NOLA at around 4am, and the scanner wasn't even running. I guess they think the terrorists sleep late...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Well, I know I don't have to argue LSP's point for him but I do agree he's correct in that the author created more stress and grief than it's probably worth. The TSA hasn't changed despite individual challenges in the past.

However I still deeply feel each report we see inches us closer to a change. Eventually people do get fed up. They *have* changed the pat downs on children and I think that's based in part by the internet and it's ability to allow a country of individuals to share their experiences. Also past history has shown us, laws change based on a single court case. How do we know this might not be that case? Single persons have changed history. In this way? Maybe not. It may be a sufferance of dumbass. But it might not.

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    The tsa needs to be abolished and let the private sector do it. For those that don't agree, you must not travel much..... Fly 10+ times in a given month and come let us know how you feel. Let's also not forget that they are going to unionize...

OathKeeper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Houma
    @LSP972, I'm going to take the bite here. What she did was well within her rights based on her stated reference of the 1st & 4th amendments. I congratulate her in her courage to stand up to the TSA and Homeland Security. Please answer this and please enlighten us all on this question. Homeland Security that has oversight of TSA has proposed putting TSA agents in shopping malls. What if, your wife, your kids, brother's, sisters, your family, let me say it again, your family was subject to this under the same circumstances, resiting the first and forth amendments in the mall. Would you still sit there and say it has not raised to the point of your concern, or would you say to your family you can sit in a cell because you deserved it? If you answered yes to this, then you have failed your country, your wife, your kids, your sister, your brother and your entire family. As a American that has taken the Oath three times (and I'm sure your have also) I am sickened at what all of us would say "When is enough, is enough". As a Vet, a Oath Keeper a constitutionalists, a father, a brother, a uncle I try to teach them all what it means, what it all means to be a American. We where all born free with alienable rights. We have a government from the Federal level to the local level with every law passed keeps chipping a way at YOUR Constitutional Rights. If you don't have a Constitution in your house, pocket, please let me know, I will be happy to provide one for you. I respect your opinion and because I respect and will defend everyone's constitutional rights I do think your misguided. So please let us all know when enough is enough with you before you get involved protecting America's rights based on the OP, 1st and 4th.....looking forward to a good read.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hey LSP, glad you're still here. Been thinking about this situation and the various "triggers" you mention. Got a story you may appreciate.

I trade in a business owned by a gentleman, who, in a previous life, was a bird colonel in the Pakistani military intelligence. We frequently chat about world affairs, because I am interested in the perspective of a person of intellect from such a different culture and world view. We were on this subject 'bout a year ago. And he agreed with you in a remarkably eloquent manner. He stopped, looked me square in the eye and said, "The fruit is not yet ripe."

Just thought you, being a man of few, yet deliberately chosen words, would get a kick out of that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "Young cop sits at a desk outside my security door. I hear Old Goat in the adjoining room tell someone, "We arrested her for disorderly conduct."

This is the old default response to any situation that law enforcement isn't trained or doesn't understand how to handle. This one, and resisting arrest are my two favorites for silencing freedoms here.

OathKeeper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Houma
    @LSP972, your absolutely correct, I don't know what your thinking and would not want to. Fair enough, even though you had not answered the question....Mine is to reach, teach and inspire everyone that wants to listen and be educated as to what the Constitution has to say about everyone's rights and what it has to say about what a government can and can not do.. Another part of my answer is held close to my chest as yours is.....Peace brother...

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    very well written account of first hand TSA abuse.. ive never been sexually assaulted by them, but i have gone through the sniffer..

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    OK -- I felt compelled to read the whole thing.

After carefully considering all the information presented, I can only say is "Play stupid games, ................."

This broad was disturbing the peace. She did so deliberately. She personifies the term "attention whore."

If she wished to fly, on a commercial airline, she had the privilege (not a right) extended to her. She would have been allowed to do so under very specific terms and conditions that apply to all passengers. The airline, the airport commission, the FAA and TSA were all parties to the implementation of the terms and conditions.

If this woman had wanted to fly her own plane to and from this airport, she could have done so ................. under a different set of terms and conditions that apply to all privately licensed pilots.

If this woman had chosen to stay home, or to not return home, she could have done so. These choices fall into the category of rights. She didn't exercise those rights.

She has no right to set personal, private parameters for her personal travel plans using a commercial airline operating through a public facility.

She is an idealistic person who wishes to live in her version of a perfect world. It sounds as if she may have married a true soul mate, so I hope the daughter to whom she referred is adopted.

She appears to be an educated, articulate person. Unfortunately she is feloniously stupid --as evidenced by her inability to comprehend the meaning of "unreasonable."

This woman is a poster child for the maroons who are camping out in New York trying to "Occupy Wall Street."

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sure she could have taken the easy road and joined the herd of sheep but that eventually leads to slaughter doesn't it? Was what she did in any way illegal or worth the hell she was put through? I don't think so. She drew her line in the sand and planted her feet. Too bad more don't do the same. Enjoy the nice ride to the slaughter house...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sure she could have taken the easy road and joined the herd of sheep but that eventually leads to slaughter doesn't it? Was what she did in any way illegal or worth the hell she was put through? I don't think so. She drew her line in the sand and planted her feet. Too bad more don't do the same. Enjoy the nice ride to the slaughter house...

I don't think anybody here is on a ride to the slaughterhouse and comments such as those dumbs down the discussion completely to petty bickering.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    OK -- I felt compelled to read the whole thing.

After carefully considering all the information presented, I can only say is "Play stupid games, ................."

This broad was disturbing the peace. She did so deliberately. She personifies the term "attention whore."

If she wished to fly, on a commercial airline, she had the privilege (not a right) extended to her. She would have been allowed to do so under very specific terms and conditions that apply to all passengers. The airline, the airport commission, the FAA and TSA were all parties to the implementation of the terms and conditions.

If this woman had wanted to fly her own plane to and from this airport, she could have done so ................. under a different set of terms and conditions that apply to all privately licensed pilots.

If this woman had chosen to stay home, or to not return home, she could have done so. These choices fall into the category of rights. She didn't exercise those rights.

She has no right to set personal, private parameters for her personal travel plans using a commercial airline operating through a public facility.

She is an idealistic person who wishes to live in her version of a perfect world. It sounds as if she may have married a true soul mate, so I hope the daughter to whom she referred is adopted.

She appears to be an educated, articulate person. Unfortunately she is feloniously stupid --as evidenced by her inability to comprehend the meaning of "unreasonable."

This woman is a poster child for the maroons who are camping out in New York trying to "Occupy Wall Street."

I can't disagree with anything you said here, and I've spent a couple hours wondering why is it I don't necessarily agree either. I'm still not sure but I'll give it a shot.

I think it's because even though the airlines are a private corporation, the security is not.

On one hand, I do and have agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of flying. On the other hand, if someone creates a scene because they don't want someone's hand jammed into their crotch, I can't blame them. The screening process has become intrusive. I believe it boils down to the fact I disagree at how quickly an individual is arrested at TSA screenings. Which in itself is questionable because personally I can't think of any other agency or situation I wouldn't also suggest stupid games.

What I don't understand is why I feel that way about TSA because personally, after three kids and more than one GYN, a pat-down or stored body scans doesn't upset me all that much.

Top Bottom