Tsunami Sushi?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with carrying in Tsunami Sushi in downtown BR? I'm planning to take my wife there for her birthday and would like to see if anyone here knows their policy before I call the restaurant and put them on high alert by asking about carrying guns in their establishment. TIA.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Done it a few times. The only possible entanglement would be if it (shaw center) were tied to LSU proper (firearm free zone), in which case, they have not dotted the "i"s nor crossed the "t"s properly.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Alright, but what about their private company policy? Any signs on the doors or anything? Again, I'd just like to find out here first before calling them and getting them all freaked out about it if they do have signs up.

EDIT: NVM, just saw your post, pulp. Thanks.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    CC. I'm a little chicken to do any open carrying in Baton Rouge, TBH. I feel like OC would be tantamount to painting a big red bull's eye on my chest.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Nothing posted. I wouldn't be there a second time, and would be raising Cane w the manager about how the policy cost them a customer and those to whom I would be reporting this

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I did get a beetle in my food there once around 2006. First time in 10+ years I went into a Japanese restaurant and ordered an entree instead of all-sushi and that was the lesson learned.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    CC. I'm a little chicken to do any open carrying in Baton Rouge, TBH. I feel like OC would be tantamount to painting a big red bull's eye on my chest.
    I guess I'm asking because I don't see what the fuss is about. You plan on having someone see your concealed weapon? :o

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So let me get this straight! You would leave your primary defense weapon in your car if someone here told you they don't allow it, or do what I suspect most here would do; go somewhere else?

Follow my lead on this: Never wait in a line to eat at ANY restaurant and never leave your gun at home for same!

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Nothing posted. I wouldn't be there a second time, and would be raising Cane w the manager about how the policy cost them a customer and those to whom I would be reporting this

ive eaten there a couple dozen times and never seen a sign.

Thanks, this is really what I'm looking for.

I guess I'm asking because I don't see what the fuss is about. You plan on having someone see your concealed weapon? :o

No, I just don't want to go against their rules, in the case that I would need it. Much like Circle K, if I find myself in the situation of needing to protect myself in there and DO so, then I could be in a world of trouble for breaking their posted rules, which is why I will not be going to Circle K anymore.

I've CC'd there a few times.

IMO the sushi is OK. The view is fantastic.

For good sushi - Waka House on Highland (nice location) or Sherwood (original location, nice enough inside, outside looks bleh) has the best sushi in Baton Rouge, hands down. I've looked everywhere else.

Hayden, Cube, Karadynamite, Mango Shrimp, Happy Valentine, oh how the list goes on...

Ask Spanky, I brought him there and he later refered to it as Crack Rolls. I think he went three days in a row upon introduction :)

Haha, I'll see if I can convince her to go elsewhere, but I've been there twice, once with her, and we both loved it. I think the atmosphere really does have a LOT to do with Tsunami, and I thought the sushi was pretty darn good.

So let me get this straight! You would leave your primary defense weapon in your car if someone here told you they don't allow it, or do what I suspect most here would do; go somewhere else?

Follow my lead on this: Never wait in a line to eat at ANY restaurant and never leave your gun at home for same!

No, this is why I was asking. If I'm voluntarily going into downtown BR and will not be able to carry, I will voluntarily go elsewhere. I just wanted to know if they are carry friendly, because this is the place she WANTS to go.

Ginza sushi on Sherwood is some damn fine sushi as well

All these suggestions...jeez. I've been to Happy Sushi on Highland, Ichiban on Essen by OLOL, and Tsunami. Never been to any other places in BR. Most of my sushi eating was done when I was stationed in Cali. Haven't had sushi in like 2+ years, either. Wife was still pregnant with our daughter, who turned 2 this past April, last time we had sushi, and she only ate tempura sushi.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If your end game is to try to get laid, go to Tsunami for the romantic view! Warm saki on the terrace for desert! This>:boink: for the nightcap!

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Tsunami is to Applebees as Waka is to Sullivans - but the pricing is about the same. Take her to Tsunami this time and Waka in the future...
    Will do. Waka is about the same distance as Tsunami, maybe closer. We go to that Wal Mart for grocery shopping, if we only need food goods. And, you are comparing the food quality, correct? Because, let's just be honest, Tsunami has one of the nicest atmospheres and best views in the city, IMO.
    If your end game is to try to get laid, go to Tsunami for the romantic view! Warm saki on the terrace for desert! This> for the nightcap!
    Haha, I just want to take her where she wants to go. Haven't been able to take her anywhere special for her birthday the last few years, 2009 was in Biloxi for tech school and she was still in Cali and last year we were pretty much scraping by to survive.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Just the food. Tsunami has atmosphere that Waka can't touch. The view of the Wal Mart parking lot doesn't compare.

Next time you stop in to wal mart, go in a split a Hayden roll and either a Mango Shrimp (if you like mango) or Happy Valentine (if you like strawberry and kiwi). You can thank me later.

Will do. I never realized it was a sushi place, always thought it was more of a strict Japanese steak house, based on the sign and location. LOL.

Then isn't it high time you admit, you already had her, er, I mean, your mind made up.:mamoru:

She has, and again, I like the place, too. I had been there before I took her there. Went with my dad when I was on Christmas exodus from Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods, MO. Split a sashimi platter and had a few rolls. Then my whole family went during Mardi Gras 2007 when they first met my wife. Don't really remember what we had that time, but I was drinking Blue Moon. Was still under 21, so all I was concerned with was booze.

Mmmm.... Waka... :drool:

LOL, is it really THAT good??? I guess I really need to go. Best sushi I've ever had was at a little joint in Lincoln, CA, called Tani. Used to eat there at least twice a month, but the guy closed down shop and moved down to the L.A. area and opened up down there. That was his dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom