TTGunleather OWB holster & mag pouch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    I decided for my 30th birthday this year, I was going to buy myself my first "real" leather holster. For the better part of a week, I clicked and clicked, searched and read, studied and contemplated ... and decided to call Tim Thurner at TT Gunleather.

Honestly, I didn't really know what I was looking for in a holster maker - or what I'd get for that matter - but he supports emergency responders and military. Given the opportunity, I will support any business that supports me, no matter if I have to spend more doing so. In this case, even without any discount, Tim's wares are VERY competitively priced.

Anyway, so the end of May I called Tim and talked to him for about 30 minutes or so which ended with me placing an order for a reinforced mouth IWB holster and a mag/light combo pouch.

For the combo pouch, I originally was going to stuff it with a Surefire G2 with a clicky tailcap which is a bit larger than the torch's main tube, and Tim said it would be no problem to accommodate this odd-ball size.

As the weeks went by, I started getting antsy and thinking ... A LOT. After pondering quite a bit, I ended up changing my order to a regular OWB holster and dual mag pouch.

Without further adieu:

(You're not going crazy, I'm a lefty ;))

The holster's workmanship and attention to detail are amazing! Weapon fit was TIGHT to say the least, so I used some wax paper wrapped around my Bobtail Commander for about an hour and a half or so to loosen it up a smidge. For many, the holster would probably still be a bit too tight, but I much prefer a holster with too much rather than not enough retention. I'm sure it will loosen up just a little bit more as I wear it.

Even though this is my first "real" leather holster, I can tell quality when I see it, and Tim's work is beautiful! Put another way, I don't even think I need to try another holster maker ... he's earned my repeat business as long as he wants it.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You just reminded me...I was supposed to call him last Saturday! Crap! That is the 3rd time I was supposed to call him and didn't get around to it. %^&@! :o

Oh BTW, nice looking rig. I have been very happy with his work & support of EMS, LEO's & military! He is a good dude.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    You just reminded me...I was supposed to call him last Saturday! Crap! That is the 3rd time I was supposed to call him and didn't get around to it. %^&@! :o

Oh BTW, nice looking rig. I have been very happy with his work & support of EMS, LEO's & military! He is a good dude.

I'll probably be giving him a shout this weekend for another order ... just don't anyone tell the wife. She says "no more gun stuff until AFTER the baby's born" ... and of course I've tried to tell her that after the baby's born, there won't be time or money for gun stuff. Personally, I think that's exactly her plan :mad:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The leather will loosen up after a few hundred draws. All of my Milt Sparks holsters have been super tight when new but broken in quickly after the first range visit.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    No, I was talking to Greg. He said his holster was really tight and I think that's nothing to worry about. All mine have been tight at first.

Top Bottom