Tula .223 CHEAP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    Someone needs to confront management about this seeing that the sale was for Fathers Day Weekend. I would push the envelope on this because it is a unacceptable sales tactic to advertise one thing then not honor the ad, especially if the item didn't sell out.

But then again is it really worth all the trouble?????????

I know that their policy is all firearms sales are final, but I pushed the envelope with them when I accused them of falsely presenting a firearm as stainless in ad and in store and after researching it (after purchase) I found out it was made to look like stainless (faux stainless??), so I made them take gun back and exchanged it for an an all steel (blued).

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Whew! When I got there, it was marked 3.99 still. Lucky for me, uncle was in a good mood and hooked me up with 1000 rds. People were looking at us like we were crazy or something bringing 100 boxes to the counter. Hehe... Kids, they just don't know.....time to go shooting!

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I don't know about some of the sales people there. They would make better Walmart greeters than sales / customer service for Cabelas.

I was there yesterday morning. The had a few people browsing. There were 4 guys behind the gun counter. Two of the sales guys were talking to each other. I went to ask one a question and he asked me if I took a number. I said no I just have a question. He said I need a number to be helped. I said thank you and walked out. I have spent my last dime there.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    This stuff blew up a gun AR15.com, someone posted a couple of weeks ago and Tula pretty much told them to stick it after the owner verified it was a ammo problem. Dont think I would want to shoot it through my gun.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I was there yesterday morning. The had a few people browsing. There were 4 guys behind the gun counter. Two of the sales guys were talking to each other. I went to ask one a question and he asked me if I took a number. I said no I just have a question. He said I need a number to be helped. I said thank you and walked out. I have spent my last dime there.

Exactly. I've said since they opened that if they put a gun shop out of business it's their own fault. If you can't compete with a business that literally makes you take a number then that's on you. There prices aren't even that good on the majority of items.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    This stuff blew up a gun AR15.com, someone posted a couple of weeks ago and Tula pretty much told them to stick it after the owner verified it was a ammo problem. Dont think I would want to shoot it through my gun.

Do you have a link to the thread? I searched for it over there but didnt see anything. I bought some Tula a few weeks ago.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Do you have a link to the thread? I searched for it over there but didnt see anything. I bought some Tula a few weeks ago.

I dont have a link but it was in general discussion if that helps narrow you search down. Wolf was actually more helpful to him even though they didnt import it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Looks like the sale is over... :(
    The website is showing $5.99. Damn!

34124_401743080962_668105962_4415066_5440671_n.jpg

Nope, still $3.99 a box. There's 1000 rounds in that basket ( 50 boxes ).

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Haha! Looked like ours when we pushed the cart around. We had 50 in the basket and 50 in the child seat compartment! I wonder how long the sale will go on for..?..

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dunno but we are glad we went and happened to stumble upon this.

There was atleast 20,000 rounds in the big bin, if not more. Next to it was herter's 9mm steel cased for $8.99 per 50rnd box, IIRC.

Found a holster in the bargain cave for my little .22lr revolver for $6 too lol

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I'm guessing they're gonna leave that price till that stock is gone. You lucky dog! I didn't see anything but high priced items in the bargain cave! Maybe next time they'll have better items at better prices.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Just ordered 500rds last night for the 3.79 price, shipping and tax it was only 109 and some change. I also bought some of the estate buckshot. Anyone have any issues with it?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you're going to buy a full case you can get virtually the same deal at AIM on Wolf. A case is $199.50 and shipping to BR shows $20.66. The Tula ammo is the same price and tax would be $16.96. So by going to Cabela's you're saving $3.70 but with AIM you get it delivered to your door.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AW223MCFMJ55

We said the same thing but we didnt go to cabelas for the ammo. We just so happened to stumble upon it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom