Tulane Professor "Kids belong to whole communities"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    And how many other college professors think the same way as this freak, but aren't talking about it openly??? This woman, and people like her, are very scary. If you're a parent or grandparent of school-aged kids, you should be very scared...

BTW, if you think there is nothing to worry about, Gov. Jindal signed-off on a program called "Common Core" and it will be fully implemented during Louisiana's 2014-2015 school year. You can find out information about Common Core on their website and on the U.S. Department of Education website.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    That's the "It takes a village to raise a child" mentality....and therein lies the problem. Too many so called mothers and "baby daddies" embrace this BS and believe it is NOT their responsibility to raise the child, it is the "communities" problem. :squint:

And the downward spiral continues.:mad:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I couldn't agree more with the above post. Classic libtard philosophy. It's always someone's else's fault. In there mind when a kid goes astray and becomes something besides just an average citizen they blame the community and want more money thrown at the problem. We are spending a sheet load on public education and its steadily gone downhill. Everyone knows it starts at the house when kids are young. Like they say bad data in, bad data out.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There is a big difference between indoctrination and education. I believe in what you said above, but the education she speaks of and the education you are thinking about are two different things. We don't need to teach kids they belong to the community, thats absurd. We need to stick to the basics and teach them reading, writing, and math so that when they do grow up they can become productive members of the community. This is what makes a community stronger, not lets blame everyone else for our own failings. Like i was told and like I tell my kids, if you make bad decisions there is a price to pay.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    In my childhood days, (I'm 40), in a sense the whole "child belonging to the community" was what it was like.

Just because my parents might not have been there watching over what I was doing, other parents were and they had no problem keeping my ass in line if I was misbehaving.

Everyone knew their neighbors and their neighbors kids, and if one of the kids was doing something they weren't supposed to they got in trouble for it. There was no fear of repercussions if a parent spanked another parents child.

I think this sort of thing might be what these people are referring to, not so much an abandonment of your own responsibilities as a parent, but showing more responsibility by looking out for the welfare of all the kids in your community.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    If she's right than I shouldn't get arrested for whacking someone else's kid who's misbehaving in a Walmart or on an airliner.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    The other day some do gooder was running on about how it was everybody else and thier brother who was responsible for children being raised correctly, learning about right and wrong, getting an education and becoming good honest law abiding citzens. What totally amazed me was he NEVER mentioned mom and dad having ANY responsibility...like they should be allowed to reproduce like rabbits and society at large is responsibe for THIER offsping becoming good citzens. NO it does not work like that ...you have a child it is your job to raise that child and so many don't want to do it. It's hard ,My wife and I raised 2 good kids and no village was involved, but you got to sacrifice to do a proper job. This attitude of " it takes a village "makes me so angry..... that attitude is a lazy cop out, you have a child...that child is your resposibility, not mine.

Gary

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    In my childhood days, (I'm 40), in a sense the whole "child belonging to the community" was what it was like.

Just because my parents might not have been there watching over what I was doing, other parents were and they had no problem keeping my ass in line if I was misbehaving.

Everyone knew their neighbors and their neighbors kids, and if one of the kids was doing something they weren't supposed to they got in trouble for it. There was no fear of repercussions if a parent spanked another parents child.

I think this sort of thing might be what these people are referring to, not so much an abandonment of your own responsibilities as a parent, but showing more responsibility by looking out for the welfare of all the kids in your community.

I know exactly what you're saying. When I was a kid I had as much fear of screwing up in front of a neighbor as I did my parents. My neighbors, while they might not issue a punishment themselves, would drag you home by your arm and tell your parents exactly what you did.
    Sadly enough, most people would today say "get your hands off my kid". I see the lack of respect for elders at my sons' school everyday. Sad.

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans

Yes and you said it right there every one new every one.

WatcherInLa

WatcherinLa
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge, La.
    If I get sued for something my kids do, will the whole community pay the judgement? Can i just accept the money from the thieves, rapists, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. without letting my kids belong to them?

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    When ever you see the word community just think collective and you will know what this is all about. Look into "Common Core". It is the new equal outcome teaching standard that Louisiana and 45 other states have jumped on. Sure its a proven system of education and it will greatly improve test scores,....oh wait a minute ,...I am sorry they never even had as much as a pilot program for this,... it was just written in Washington and will be implemented nation wide. You will be hearing more about this in the future I am sure. Just from what I have been able to dig up on it, it is indoctrination pure and simple. It is also a federal government data base on students that will theoretically follow them for the rest of their lives.

Top Bottom