Tundra Auto-Unlock on Park Tutorial

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I can't stand how my truck unlocks the doors when I shift it to Park. A major safety issue, especially in New Orleans. I drive a 2013, but I believe this works going back to at least 2009 models.

1. With the engine off, close all doors.

2. Set the Parking Brake.

3. Insert Key and Turn to the ON position.

4. Hold the brake and shift to Neutral, then back to Park.

5. Hold the unlock on the power lock button for 5 seconds and let go. The doors should lock and unlock by themselves.

Now, start your truck, lock the doors, shift to Drive, then to Park, and it should stay locked. Bear in mind, after switching the key to ON, you need to shift to Neutral then to Park and begin holding down the unlock button within 10 seconds.

Hope this helps!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My new SUV had that as the initial option when I got it. It also would unlock all of the doors with one click of the unlock button on the key-chain. I don't understand why this is default. Unlocking the doors the second the car hits park is silly. For GMC owners with the touchscreen system, go to vehicle settings in the config menu and lock / unlock. There are a plethora of good options under there. On a side note, turning the AC to default to high definitely is a plus whenever you start the car on a hot day!!

Top Bottom