Turning in CCW application today.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I'm heading to Baton Rouge today to turn in my CCW application and get fingerprinted :D. Start the stopwatch. Hopefully it will come in by Christmas :mamoru:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Good luck. Remember that even with a CHP you can't conceal or open carry in Amite until your city council overturns your local gun carry ban.

Last edited:

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Thanks. Does anybody know how much they charge to take fingerprints there and if you can pay in cash or do you need a check or money order?

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Well that's good. I'm stopping by the post office to pick up a money order for the fee so I guess I'll just pick up an extra one for the fingerprints.

Thanks Reese for the info

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    I don't know what they charge down here, but in GA you need cash, and exact change. $10 for fingerprint cards for NFA, and $34 for digital fingerprints for CCW. I know the prices don't help, but you should take some cash with you to be on the safe side. You don't want to have to leave to go to the ATM. Good luck

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Good luck. Remember that even with a CHP you can't conceal or open carry in Amite until your city council overturns your local gun carry ban.

I know there was tread about this, but I can't find. I don't remember the outcome.

Isn't there state preemption on this?

Good deal on your CCW, Crewdog.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I don't know what they charge down here, but in GA you need cash, and exact change. $10 for fingerprint cards for NFA, and $34 for digital fingerprints for CCW. I know the prices don't help, but you should take some cash with you to be on the safe side. You don't want to have to leave to go to the ATM. Good luck

So if you don't know STFU :) As stated you need 2 separate money orders if you are getting fingerprinted and turning in your packet at LSP Headquarters. One for 10 dollars to get fingerprinted and the other for whichever permit you are applying for (2 or 4 year). I would recommend leaving the "pay to the order of" spot blank until you get there. IIRC the 2 money orders weren't made out to the same agency. Either way, if you let them tell you what to write when you get there you'll be sure not to get it wrong.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I know there was tread about this, but I can't find. I don't remember the outcome.

Isn't there state preemption on this?

Good deal on your CCW, Crewdog.

With the Amite law, no there is no state preemption on this. The Amite law took effect before the preemption took place.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Well, I turned in my app and was disapointed that when I got home, my mailbox was empty. Damn, what is taking so long?

Just a heads up for everyone turning their apps in. When I went through the ccw course, we were told to make a copy of our training certificate and turn the copy in. As of this month, that no longer is valid. They want the original copies of your training certificates, not photocopies. They took mine because they allowed a bit of leeway since I took my class before this month and they haven't informed all of the ccw instructors yet.

So I called my instructor to let him know and I would suggest that you call your instructors to let them know or to have them call the LSP office to double check for themselves.

Just though I'd put that out there.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Well, I turned in my app and was disapointed that when I got home, my mailbox was empty. Damn, what is taking so long?

Just a heads up for everyone turning their apps in. When I went through the ccw course, we were told to make a copy of our training certificate and turn the copy in. As of this month, that no longer is valid. They want the original copies of your training certificates, not photocopies. They took mine because they allowed a bit of leeway since I took my class before this month and they haven't informed all of the ccw instructors yet.

So I called my instructor to let him know and I would suggest that you call your instructors to let them know or to have them call the LSP office to double check for themselves.

Just though I'd put that out there.

exactly who told you that? Was it the lady at the print table? I will look into this on Monday. They have given misinformation in the past. They mean well, but their job is only fingerprints and not chp apps. Will advise what I hear in Monday.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    They mean well, but their job is only fingerprints and not chp apps. Will advise what I hear in Monday.

Can't speak to whether they want the original now or not, but when I went to turn in my packet I had to wait for a lady to come from "the back" to check my packet before they would fingerprint me, so. . .

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Can't speak to whether they want the original now or not, but when I went to turn in my packet I had to wait for a lady to come from "the back" to check my packet before they would fingerprint me, so. . .

Yeah, that is not surprising. They ladies "in the back" actually work the chp packets, the ladies that do fingerprints only do fingerprints and have nothing to do directly with the chp process.

The fingerprint ladies kinda try to help out, but sometimes they make ut up as they go. Kinda like when they told peole they had to xerox their drivers license there. They say what they think is right. There is one LSP Sgt and three ladies in the back. Always refer to them.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    exactly who told you that? Was it the lady at the print table? I will look into this on Monday. They have given misinformation in the past. They mean well, but their job is only fingerprints and not chp apps. Will advise what I hear in Monday.

It was one of the ladies in the back who told me this. She said that the new head of the unit was wanting it done that way now.

Top Bottom