Two bystanders struck by NYPD cops opening fire on suspect near Times Square

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Coincidentally, this is pretty close to what happened in post #75. LE is going to be a topic of discussion, it is a gun forum, shootings are a legitimate topic. If Obama screws up something, I don't see anyone on here saying "you've never been a president so you don't know what you're talking about". The same applies for this. Nobody is criticizing you, perhaps that is a distinction you should look at. Shooting at 1 person and hitting 9 is bad, anyone can see this(referring to the other NYPD bystander shooting). Saying that they screwed up isn't attacking them, it is comment on an absolute in history.

Nobody here has said that the officers were untrained or poor officers. The closest was that they were poor shots, I think that is an accurate statement given the reality of the situation. Nobody has said the officers did anything but their best. Nobody has said anything about clearing houses. If you focused on what was actually said, your perception of these threads would change drastically.

Probably won't change my perception. I think all the prior threads have screwed that up for a long time. I was using clearing houses as an example, I should have stated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Probably won't change my perception. I think all the prior threads have screwed that up for a long time. I was using clearing houses as an example, I should have stated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't have stopped it from being wildly irrelevant. Nobody is claiming their level of training makes them more able to handle the situation than the officers provided. As you've pointed out repeatedly, it isn't our job. I haven't shouldered the responsibility of protecting others, in a city that takes the ability of others to protect themselves. As such, I don't compare my level of skill to those who have taken that responsibility. Even without that comparison, I KNOW that shooting more isn't going to lead to me shooting worse. Frankly, you should be glad people are going to classes and learning to protect themselves. You should know better than anyone else that officers aren't perfect, there aren't enough of you, and with constant budget cuts, response times aren't always fast enough.

Rooda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Dallas via Bunkie
    Lived in NYC for 6 years and know a handful of NYPD. Most are not "gun guys" and would shoot ~100 rds per year to stay current per their policy and that was it. So this outcome is not surprising to me. Also that is happened in the Port Authority. That place is just a mess with piles of drunk homeless people.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    1463773_676732242358236_685153199_n.jpg

Found it funny and had to post. No butthurt please.

Top Bottom