Two Deputies Shot in North Louisiana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Two northeast Louisiana sheriff's deputies were in stable condition Thursday after being shot while serving arrest warrants, and a suspect was arrested after being flushed out of a house with tear gas, the sheriff said.

Ouachita Parish Sheriff Jay Russell said it happened when the deputies went to a home in south Monroe just after 6 a.m. to serve eight warrants ranging from burglary to resisting arrest on Rickie Wade Jr., 28.

"One deputy entered the home and found Wade in a back room," Russell said. The other was outside covering a window, he said.

"The deputy outside heard a scuffle and then a gunshot," the sheriff said. "When he entered the house, he was shot."

Russell did not identify the two officers, only saying one was 30-year veteran and the other had 25 years on the force.

Louisiana State Police and Monroe police, along with other sheriff's deputies, searched the area for the suspect.

Russell said different SWAT team members found Wade hiding in a house several blocks away. He said officers used tear gas in an attempt to flush him out. Wade then climbed into the attic and Russell said the SWAT team used more gas. Eventually, the sheriff said, Wade fell out of the attic and was taken into custody without further incident.

Russell said a .45-caliber handgun was also recovered from the home.

Wade was taken to the Ouachita Parish Jail.

Russell said one deputy was taken by helicopter to University Medical Center in Shreveport and the other is being treated at a Monroe hospital.

Thursday morning's shooting was the second involving deputies in Louisiana in as many days. On Wednesday, a sheriff's deputy across the state in Jefferson Parish was shot and killed by a 19-year-old suspect.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    He was a good boy. He was going places. He had a 4.0 GPA and was the star athlete for the badminton team.

576c0afb9dc3b.image.jpg

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I don't understand how these guys end up being arrested and not with 30 rounds out of an MP5 in their torso.

Because the cops are not judge jury and executioner. Don't get me wrong, thank God the officers are most likely going to make it. But I also thank God for our Constitution, that even grants POS like this guy a trial.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Because the cops are not judge jury and executioner. Don't get me wrong, thank God the officers are most likely going to make it. But I also thank God for our Constitution, that even grants POS like this guy a trial.

Very well said. We can't let those who uphold the law also interpret and dole punishment. This is not a police state (yet).

maniac cop 5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    NE La.
    One of those men is a longtime friend I've know for 33 years.
    Thank God he and his partner will survive.
    The suspect is alive because like most of his ilk, he ran and hid and played the victim when the advantage was not upon him.
    He is alive because we are still the "good guys".

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I get what y'all are saying, I'm just speaking out of frustration, and I didn't mean that as anything against the guys that apprehended him, but the justice system isn't enough for guys like that. Wrong as it may be, I'd rather see him take one to the chest and choke on his own blood. This has been too common for too long.

maniac cop 5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    NE La.
    I get what y'all are saying, I'm just speaking out of frustration, and I didn't mean that as anything against the guys that apprehended him, but the justice system isn't enough for guys like that. Wrong as it may be, I'd rather see him take one to the chest and choke on his own blood. This has been too common for too long.

No worries. We're all only human and those thoughts are the first things that run through all of our minds when friends and coworkers get hurt. We do our best to stay professional but sometimes it's tough. The world around us is just turning into a cesspool faster than we thought it would.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I hear ya man. But we aren't them. Once he's found guilty, your last sentence wouldn't be a bad thing. And definitely no loss to society.

Top Bottom