TWO Fingerprint Cards?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I just got my LA CHP package back with everything intact and a page with a bunch of reasons the application could be denied. On this page they had the reason as "Needs 2 sets of fingerprint cards" marked. The original form from the packet I got said one!

Is this new? Is it something that others should now be aware of? I sent everything they requested and got my application back because I didn't send 2 fingerprint cards when they only said I needed one. Everything else is fine.

They were quick. I mailed it off this past Tuesday and got it back today. This is F'd up but at least they did it quickly. :mad:

Last edited:

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I suggest you take a day and dedicate it to going to LSP headquarters to turn in your packet. Let them print you there and the lady at the desk looks over every thing to nake sure it is correct. Easiest way to make sure it won't get sent back and your prints will be accepted.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    There is a checklist included with the packet. It states 2 sets are required. It is at the end of the document linked below.

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chApplication.pdf

Thanks for providing that link. That's exactly what I had / submitted. With the exception that mine said, on pg. 9, that only 'A' set of fingerprints on the FBI card need be submitted! Hmmm.... Thanks again.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    I suggest you take a day and dedicate it to going to LSP headquarters to turn in your packet. Let them print you there and the lady at the desk looks over every thing to nake sure it is correct. Easiest way to make sure it won't get sent back and your prints will be accepted.

+1000 .... that's what I did and it went as smooth as silk

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I actually RECOMMEND to my students if hey are using INK cards to send two anyways due the higher rate of rejection since the scanner cannot read them most of the time, I also recommend for my students to go to the local SO and do Digital Prints

OR

Hand deliver package at LSP HQ in BR and do the prints there, this way they can check on your aplication and let you know of any mistakes on the spot

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Hand deliver package at LSP HQ in BR and do the prints there, this way they can check on your aplication and let you know of any mistakes on the spot

The only mistake I made was sending one, instead of two cards. The packet I filled out and the materials required for inclusion all were OK. Everything else passed except the extra print card. Going to the LSP HQ would be a good way to be certain if other things are amiss, IMO, but I was fine except for the extra card not included. I plan to get the printing done again and re-submit my otherwise proper package.

I checked the form numbers on the bottom left side of the forms and they both had the same "DPSSP 4645 (07/10)" there. But the one at the link submitted above (thank you again) asks for 2 print cards and the one I got at the class says one. Huh?!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I turned my packet in at HQ, mainly because it's close. They do digital fingerprints, but they also require a $10 cashier's check or Money Order to do it. She checked over my whole packet, checked me in, and I ran around the corner to Chase to get a Money Order. I got back and had a 5 minute wait until they took my prints and I was out of there in 2 minutes.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Robhic,
    did you mail your packet in this past Tuesday as the 1st/initial time sending it in? I sent my packet in on Nov. 29th and I also only sent in 1 card and have not recieved my packet back yet? The class I went to for my training offered finger printing and notary as an additional service for an additional fee so i went that route because it just seemed easier/more convienient. The instructor for my class did the printing and only gave us ONE card..I assumed (yeah I know, assumptions) the instructor would/should have known that 2 cards were needed..(there were a few of us that paid extra for the prints).

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Robhic,
    did you mail your packet in this past Tuesday as the 1st/initial time sending it in? I sent my packet in on Nov. 29th and I also only sent in 1 card and have not recieved my packet back yet? The class I went to for my training offered finger printing and notary as an additional service for an additional fee so i went that route because it just seemed easier/more convienient. The instructor for my class did the printing and only gave us ONE card..I assumed (yeah I know, assumptions) the instructor would/should have known that 2 cards were needed..(there were a few of us that paid extra for the prints).

That is exactly what I did. Did the course, fingerprints, pictures and notary all in one. Did it private with 3 friends at one guy's place who owns a lot of property. We did the shooting on-site, too. Sent in the package last Tuesday and got it back Friday saying I needed 2 cards instead of the 1 that the package I was issued called for. Going to get another set of prints tomorrow and will send it back.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Sgt. Reavis says that they are now requiring two fingerprint cards and recently started rejecting applications that turn in only one card. The change went through a year ago, but they gave the CHP community time for the change to be accepted. We talked about the change last year at the 2010 instructor meeting, but it is now mandatory because of the increase of card rejections.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    When I completed mine towards the end of summer, my ink fingerprint card was rejected. Got another set done electronically and sent just them. Received my permit a few weeks later. It makes sense for them to ask for two I guess. I guess a lot of time is wasted on the pending status waiting for the new fingerprint card to show up to match it with a half processed application.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    When I completed mine towards the end of summer, my ink fingerprint card was rejected. Got another set done electronically and sent just them. Received my permit a few weeks later. It makes sense for them to ask for two I guess. I guess a lot of time is wasted on the pending status waiting for the new fingerprint card to show up to match it with a half processed application.
    We were told last year that 40% of ink prints turned in are rejected.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Sgt. Reavis says that they are now requiring two fingerprint cards and recently started rejecting applications that turn in only one card. The change went through a year ago, but they gave the CHP community time for the change to be accepted. We talked about the change last year at the 2010 instructor meeting, but it is now mandatory because of the increase of card rejections.

Yeah... I was gonna say that when I took my class in 2008, I remember my instructor saying that if we were going to send in prints... he recommended getting at least two cards done. But he strongly recommended making the trip to LSP in BR to have everything done there. That's what I did and everything worked out great. Got my permit about 2 weeks later.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA

Thanks for posting this. I feel a bit better, now. Hopefully the instructor (who did my 2nd set of prints this morning) now also has the heads up!

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    I sent an email to the CHP unit last week asking for verification that they recieved my packet and got a response today stating that my "application was entered on December 1st, normal processing time is 60 to 90 business days".. They didnt state anything about me submitting only 1 card...Maybe they started enforcing the 2 card requirement sometime after I submitted my packet and before Robhic submitted his? I imagine if I was going to have an issue with the 1 card I would have heard something by now? Maybe already having prints on file from previous employment could have helped? Who knows, will keep all interested up to date.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom