Uh oh, this might be bad news for Slide Fire owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    hahahha that picture starts off retarded, RIGHT FROM THE START.

One round per second? I ain't no Miculek but I can sure as hell beat 60 rounds per minute with little effort. A buttstock does NOT improve or speed up the cyclic action of a semiauto gun. Each AK, regardless of buttstock, returns to battery juts as fast as the other. What a stupid article.

1aab24d0-cd4c-461a-acc7-72ebf3766fee_130911222546-slide-fire-gun-620xa.png

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    They've tried to go after it before.

The device does nothing but put your finger in a position to pull the trigger more rapidly. But make no mistake, you are pulling the trigger and no mechanical aids are being used.

The only way to make it illegal is to name it in the law.

They tried to do this as well, but it was included among many items in the proposed AWB2. The whole bill was shot down and with it, hopes to make the Slidefire illegal.

They're dumb fun when ammo is cheap and completely useless when ammo is .50/rd.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Agenda driven jackasses rarely worry about accuracy when trying to emote fear. I would yield any "bump fire/slide fire" info to others more knowledgeable, but putting up a picture of an AK (you know the kind of guns they use in the middle east to kill each other), is no mistake.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The crux of the article seems to talk about the fast rate of fire, which any Jerry Miculek video should debunk, as well as any technical advisor being able to debunk.

The second thing is the fear of belted ammo, and being of such high capacity.

I'm not really bothered by either.

Congress isn't going to ban high capacity ammo - that's been made clear during even the most emotional of recent times. As for the stock... pft. It's been ruled already.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Next thing you know they will require everyone that owns to have to register it!! Just think how crazy that will be. To have to register a piece of plastic.

Top Bottom