Un-gay'd Norinco NHM-91

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    This is likely as close to an RPK ask I can get so I was pretty excited to pick this up and convert it.

Ironwood walnut furniture, US disconnect, US copy of an RPK muzzle device. I'm still wanting a Chinese bipod and drum mag. The ******* polyurethane clearcoat gummed up on me and needs a little work but I'm happy with it overall. Can't wait to shoot it.

6866474686_a0855ca605_b.jpg

6866474986_acdafbcd89_b.jpg

7012587447_1bb8a59c44_b.jpg

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    me likey. i hate seeing ak47's dressed out in black with rails and whatnot. the natural wood look makes them gorgeous.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I don't think I took any original pics myself, but some are found here:

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?72750-Trade-norinco-ak-forBerretta-92fs

Here is the wood prior to staining:
    6875945308_3c646940ba_b.jpg

Against my better judgement to use straight linseed oil, I went with a Minwax oil-based stain (dark walnut) out of fear that I wouldn't get a darker look. It looks nice but I think linseed would have come out nicer. I just don't know enough about wood treatments. I then sealed it off with a couple satin clear poly coats and buffed it with 0000 steel wool.

It kinda has that "weathered" staining to it but again, if I could go back I'd have not used the colored stain.

FYI: I also removed the muzzle pin and cap, drilled out the sight pin, and installed a spring and plunger. It took some filing, but it works great. If I ever need to put the gun back into "preban collector" condition, I can easily do so.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom