Unsolicited DVD from the NRA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I'm just looking for information on the best way to reduce the volume and let the NRA put their money to better use than sending me offers that I will never accept. I get lots of junk mail other than NRA, and as stated above, it takes only seconds to send it to the landfill. I was just hoping that someone knew an effective way to deter the NRA spinoff marketers.

Have you tried calling them and saying, "Please take me off your mailing list" or "I am a member but I do not wish to have my information shared with any of your partners" A quick Google search provided the following information:

https://www.nrahq.org/contact.asp
    You can contact the NRA via phone at:
    NRA Member Programs
    1-800-672-3888

I'm a life member. I receive my magazine and maybe a letter or two a month asking for donations mostly from the NRA-ILA. It takes about 5 seconds for me to open the letter, read it enough to get the basis of what they are asking, then to rotate my wrist and drop said letter in the trashcan beside my bed.

Last edited:

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    I'm a life member. I receive my magazine and maybe a letter or two a month asking for donations mostly from the NRA-ILA. It takes about 5 seconds for me to open the letter, read it enough to get the basis of what they are asking, then to rotate my wrist and drop said letter in the trashcan beside my bed.

I'm not asking for advice on how to handle general junk mail, whether that's from NRA or anyone else. The majority of what's left in my mailbox goes straight to the garbage. But this tactic of sending a product in the mail, then asking the receiver to either pay for it, or return it, is much more obnoxious than normal. And I have no problem with disposing of this package, and any subsequent requests for payment or additional DVD's. But since I do have a degree of respect for NRA and the political battles they fight, I was hoping that some other members had some experience in dealing with this particular pitch and could advise me on whether returning the DVD or ignoring the pitch completely was the most effective action to take.

Top Bottom